Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner on Conan

I've always thought that a lot of the dislike from some of the other cast members was because of jealousy on their part.

From what I've heard, Shatner was quite the jerk back when filming the original series. One thing I know for sure is that he often counted lines in order to ensure that Captain Kirk got the most.

From what I've heard, Shatner was quite the jerk back when filming the original series. One thing I know for sure is that he often counted lines in order to ensure that Captain Kirk got the most.

Well, since he was the star of the show, he should have gotten the most lines.

Jerk or not, Shatner should be happy for fans of the series, it's the only way he's gotten work since then.

Jerk or not, Shatner should be happy for fans of the series, it's the only way he's gotten work since then.

Shatner had a ton of work before Star Trek and I'm sure his career would have continued had he not done Trek. Trek enhanced his career. Its his co-stars with the exception of Kelley that had to rely on Trek to get work for the rest of their lives.

Shatner had a ton of work before Star Trek and I'm sure his career would have continued had he not done Trek. Trek enhanced his career. Its his co-stars with the exception of Kelley that had to rely on Trek to get work for the rest of their lives.

I don't think that Nimoy had to rely on Trek for work. But it certainly didn't hurt his career either.

Shatner essentially re-created himself into a Comedic Actor. His previous roles are of a serious nature, but then he found out that he could get laughs (not to mention work), by trying to be funny.

Edited by Gummy

I don't think that Nimoy had to rely on Trek for work. But it certainly didn't hurt his career either.

Nimoy was a total unknown before Trek. Trek made his career. Directing Treks 3 & 4 made his directing career. He owes everything to Trek.

Nimoy was a total unknown before Trek. Trek made his career. Directing Treks 3 & 4 made his directing career. He owes everything to Trek.

I don't know he did well on Mission Impossible, you could say it was because of Trek that he got that part but I don't think it was. At that point they were all type cast and that made it hard for them to get work. He also did well with "In Search Of...".

He is of course best known as Spock but his body of work before Star Trek, though mostly bit parts or supporting roles was quite large as was his post-Trek career.