Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Gas Prices

A friend of mine from work just called me to let me know that when he stopped at the gas station they told him he better fill up tonight because the price was going to jumpt $0.40 by morning.

This is getting rediculous that will put the low grade gas, which I don't use at $4.05 a gallon.

A friend of mine from work just called me to let me know that when he stopped at the gas station they told him he better fill up tonight because the price was going to jumpt $0.40 by morning.

This is getting rediculous that will put the low grade gas, which I don't use at $4.05 a gallon.

My car's user manual says that I should use 87 Octane. Anything higher isn't needed and isn't really good for the car.

.....yet, there is no real reason given by the oil companies for these ghastly prices. It is time for our elected officials to evoke anti-trust legislations so that these corrupt oil companies are made to pay for gouging us.

My car's user manual says that I should use 87 Octane. Anything higher isn't needed and isn't really good for the car.

Mine calls for 87 as well, but it does not run very well in it. I found that if I run 89 the cars runs much smoother and gets alot better gas mileage.

These ridiculous prices will remain until more people start expressing a little outrage. The Federal government should be urged by the masses to implement John McCain's great suggestion that the Federal gas tax be suspended at least for the summer. Even more savings could be had if the Governors of your states would do the same with the State Gas Tax.The government makes more money on gas than the oil companies do. Thats a little fact that they don't like anyone to know..... :)

I'm just glad I dont work for RGIS anymore, alot of traveling involved in that job, I dont really drive much anymore, because of the risk of seizures due to my Lupus

but from what I understand is that we need more oil refineries in the US and that would help with the price of gas

then again the Oli companies have recorded record profits over the past year :)

You want to see how much these oil producing countries are screwing us? Check out the price of gas in these countries:

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

$0.91

Kuwait

$0.78

Caracas , Venezuela

$0.12

These are just some of the countries that are laughing at us while they keep raising the price of a barrel of oil......... :)

The government has just as much incentive to keep the prices high as the oil companies do. The higher the price the more they collect in taxes. If there is any collusion it seems to me that the government is one of the colluders.

What would happen if the various fuel taxes were collected by the gallon instead of as a percentage of the price? Government would have an incentive to keep prices low so they could collect more.

Car companies could also help by producing more fuel efficient cars.

And consumers could give them a boost to do that by NOT buying SUV's and other gas guzzler low fuel efficienct vehicles.