hollywoodlandmn5.jpg

Summary:

Detective Louis Simo (Adrien Brody) is hired to investigate the death of actor George Reeves (Ben Affleck), who police think shot himself. Simo slowly discovers that the police may have closed the books too early on the case when evidence starts showing up that Reeves may have actually been murdered.

I absolutely love this movie. The story of George Reeves is a very sad one, and even more hard for fans of "Adventures of Superman" to watch. Now, it is nothing for movie stars to become TV stars, but it was something to be ashamed of in Reeves' day. In a way, George Reeves was a pioneer. The movie is very interesting, thanks to a huge part Ben Affleck. Affleck really does an amazing job making Reeves a very human character and shows how different he was to his TV persona Superman.

My favorite part of the movie with Reeves was where the kids were cheering him from outside of the restaurant where he was eating his food. He poses for them, and they scream like a bunch of Beatles fans. :(

I also enjoyed the scenes with Simo and his son, who was a huge Superman fan and is devastated when his hero is dead. They are just very well acted scenes. It particularly hit me hard when the son tries to destroy the Superman costume that he had to beg his dad to buy for him. I guess it reminds me of when I was the little boys age, I too was (and still am) very into super heroes and comics. I understand how I'd feel if my favorite super heroes died in reality.

At the end of the film, I literally wanted to cry because of the final scenes of Reeves in his room. You feel sorry for the guy, even more so since this is based on the true story. He sings his song and bows to the guests before leaving up the stairs one last time is very sad to watch. Great acting and a very well written script. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to, especially if you are a George Reeves fan.

Edited by The Kryptonian