Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeeingEyeBorg

Unimatrix Zero One

I'm so excited!!! Finally, a new Joss Whedon show! And it's starring Eliza Dushku (I guess he realized what a mistake he'd made with Sarah Make-Me-Yak Gellar)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_%28TV_series%29

:laugh:

But let's get real for a sec, people. He's working with FOX. And while they're wooing him with fat figures, pretty words and promises, who wants to start placing bets on just how long this show will actually stay on the air?

So I've been watching "Idol Gives Back" and all I can think is, "Whatever." I don't like how charity's become so darned commercialized. And contradictory. On the one hand, these celebrities get up on stage in their overpriced outfits and sing songs (half of which suck) and act all helpless in the face of poverty and disease. The next minute, Jimmy Kimmel is casually reminding the audience about how Simon Cowell makes $40 million a year. Who the heck needs that kind of money? What kind of people can sleep at night with bank accounts that size? And why the hell are they asking our broke behinds to foot a bill which, if every celebrity were to shell out $1 mil to $10 mil, they could easily take care of? I mean, our dough put them where they are. Isn't it their turn to start spending?

Blake actually came out to our town for a special screening of the Idol Gives Back. I worked the boards in the Top 40 studio while the staff was all out there. It was actually a lot of fun, and it made some pretty wicked radio.

But yeah, I refuse to watch American Idol. lol

I can proudly say that I have NEVER watched a single episode of "American Idol"..... :angry:

this is the first year that I haven't watched any American Idol. I don't know anybody on this season. The only news I get about what is going on is through my mom or sister-in-law

Blake actually came out to our town for a special screening of the Idol Gives Back. I worked the boards in the Top 40 studio while the staff was all out there. It was actually a lot of fun, and it made some pretty wicked radio.

But yeah, I refuse to watch American Idol. lol

Now, see...I dig Blake. I totally dig Blake. And the show is okay-ish. Until they take it seriously, like they're actually serving a purpose.

Sometimes I feel like I should watch the show... considering the winner's (and maybe even the runner-up's) first single will be played to death on the station I work for.

But then I find something else on much more worth watching. Or I play Nintendo.

Sometimes I feel like I should watch the show... considering the winner's (and maybe even the runner-up's) first single will be played to death on the station I work for.

But then I find something else on much more worth watching. Or I play Nintendo.

LOL - I totally understand. I play age of mythology now like it's going out of style. You work in radio? So does Dabo Queen!

No kidding? What format station does she work for? Is she personality, board op, promotions, etc.? If you don't wanna say it on forum, PM me.

But yeah, I'm old school NES. I play an old Zelda, Megaman, Bases Loaded, or Mario game to unwind. Or Wheel of Fortune. Still have never played Metroid though.

No kidding? What format station does she work for? Is she personality, board op, promotions, etc.? If you don't wanna say it on forum, PM me.

But yeah, I'm old school NES. I play an old Zelda, Megaman, Bases Loaded, or Mario game to unwind. Or Wheel of Fortune. Still have never played Metroid though.

I'm not sure about format, but she is personality and producer (I think).

Sulu and Uhura...how come they never hooked up?

Cause Sulu only had eyes for Chekov?.............

Sulu and Uhura...how come they never hooked up?

I think it would have sent the wrong message if they did. I think they were trying to show Uhura as a strong independent Black female, and to have her hooking up with anyone, even another racial minority like Sulu would have made her look less independent. I mean, yeah, you can interpret it as her having a relationship is her choice, but I think it would have been interpreted more as woman needing a man. Besides, if Uhura was to hook up with anyone, precedent would dictate that it would HAVE to be Kirk. :naughty:

I think it would have sent the wrong message if they did. I think they were trying to show Uhura as a strong independent Black female, and to have her hooking up with anyone, even another racial minority like Sulu would have made her look less independent. I mean, yeah, you can interpret it as her having a relationship is her choice, but I think it would have been interpreted more as woman needing a man. Besides, if Uhura was to hook up with anyone, precedent would dictate that it would HAVE to be Kirk. :P

I think it made her look asexual. By making her appear strong and independent for all three seasons, it reinforced the stereotype of the overly strong black woman whom no man can approach. I would have liked to see her hook up with someone and be desired and loved on television, preferably by Spock or Sulu. Kirk would have been an insult :P ; he was a ladies man, and in "The Naked Time" we understand that the one true love of his life is the ship. <_<

I think it would have sent the wrong message if they did. I think they were trying to show Uhura as a strong independent Black female, and to have her hooking up with anyone, even another racial minority like Sulu would have made her look less independent. I mean, yeah, you can interpret it as her having a relationship is her choice, but I think it would have been interpreted more as woman needing a man. Besides, if Uhura was to hook up with anyone, precedent would dictate that it would HAVE to be Kirk. :P

I think it made her look asexual. By making her appear strong and independent for all three seasons, it reinforced the stereotype of the overly strong black woman whom no man can approach.

I honestly did not get that from her at all. I think it was her occasional singing and the soft way she spoke when not saying "Incoming communication for you captain" that balanced her out. She was strong, but not without a soft side. I thought she was more friendly than unapproachable. And I think they needed a woman to be somewhat different than Yeoman Rand, who all but threw herself at Kirk at one point.

I would have liked to see her hook up with someone and be desired and loved on television, preferably by Spock or Sulu. Kirk would have been an insult :P ; he was a ladies man, and in "The Naked Time" we understand that the one true love of his life is the ship. <_<

Didn't she try making eyes at one of the other officers once? I know Chapel was hot for Spock, but I think Uhura tried making eyes at him at one point too.

So, like...I got this dress for the Klingon Feast, but I'm not sure I'm going to wear it.

It's strapless, knee-length black velour and it's quite lovely, but my workouts are shrinking my jugs so I doubt I'll be able to actually fit into it come July 11th.

*Sigh*

I'll guess I'll just have to make something or buy something else.

What do peeps usually wear to these feasts?

What do peeps usually wear to these feasts?

Uhhhhh....we usually wear.......nothing!........ :cheers:

but my workouts are shrinking my jugs

Stop these workouts immediately!!!!!...... :cheers:

Decided to go with something else. Dabo's gonna kill me, but hey...it's probably sexier.

And the jugs have stopped shrinking for now. I haven't been working out like I should (bad girl) so I'll have to get on that.

VOTE: Long, flowing, Klingon-worthy skirt, or shorter, black, make-Trekkies-drool skirt?

Oh, we'll totally post pics.

And I'm thinking I'll stick with the black strapless velour as well. It's short, it's strapless, it's black. But the last time I wore the red version, it was really difficult to keeping it over my jugs. So no...now I've changed my mind again. Gotta find something else.

But the last time I wore the red version, it was really difficult to keeping it over my jugs.

MrPsychic has volunteered to hold it in place for you....... :blush:

Oh, we'll totally post pics.

And I'm thinking I'll stick with the black strapless velour as well. It's short, it's strapless, it's black. But the last time I wore the red version, it was really difficult to keeping it over my jugs. So no...now I've changed my mind again. Gotta find something else.

I've never had anything close to what could even be remotely considered a hint of an urge to sing "Lady In Red." Until now.

lol. When is the event again? Anyway, hope you have a blast at it.