Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

I didn't think the first one of these was very good. Is there some special reason I should see this one? :blink:

I'm going to give it a shot because nobody from the first film will be back. This is a do-over. The first film is ignored and hopefully they will get it right this time.

That's hopeful but I see by the trailer he still has the miracle stretch pants on, that really kills my suspension of disbelief with this character.

Why couldn't they make him become a sexless creature, that'd at least could be believable.

The more I see the new trailers, the more I want to see this movie. I like how Bruce gets the green eyes before he turns into the Hulk! Oh, the nostalgia! I loved the Bill Bixby series and I am going to wet my geeky pants when I see the movie :whistling:

I saw this trailer when I saw Iron Man last week. It does look a lot better than the last Hulk movie. I will definitely go see it!

I can't wait to see this movie! I'll probably go this weekend. What I love so much is that it is based on the 70s TV show. You can see the similarities on the Wiki page here . On that page, it even says it's based on the TV show as well as the comics. The TV series is probably my favorite TV series ever. Grew up watching it and it's very cool that some of the ideas from the show are used in the new movie

I also read that the TV theme song "The Lonely Man" can be heard on the new movie as well :P

this is too cool for school :innocent:

Edited by The Kryptonian

I saw this movie yesterday. I wouldn't say it is based on the TV show but there are several references to it. Its a pretty good movie if you know your Hulk history. Even though they said that it has nothing to do with the last one, it appears to pick up right where the last one ended. If someone didn't see the last movie or is unfamiliar with the comic book, there would be some confusion as this movie doesn't go into the origins of the Hulk. Its assumed you already know how Banner became the Hulk. Its starts pretty slow but once the action gets going, its really good.

Also, look for Robert Downey, Jr as Tony Stark in the movie and yet another plug for an Avengers movie!

Edited by Kor37

just to have references in it is good enough for me. I love the poster for the movie that is seen on the wikipedia page. Banner walking like a drifter very Bixby like

Just read in Lou's bio that he talks for the Hulk in the new movie!!!

Edited by The Kryptonian

I am downloading a R5 copy right now but i am planning to take my nephew this weekend too see it on the big screen :P

watched it last night, and I really enjoyed it. It is a lot better than the first movie. I loved the movie. One of my favorite references to the 70s TV show was the college student who works for the school newspaper. On the new movie, college journalist Jack McGee got footage of the Hulk and gave it to the news. On the original TV series, Jack McGee is the one who followed Banner around the country to prove the Hulk exists. I also thought it was cool that Bruce changed his name to David when he went into hiding at the end of the movie. And of course I loved the green eyes and the TV theme being played towards the start of the movie when he is walking the streets of South America. Really enjoyed the entire movie, can't wait for the DVD

I'm not really a fan of the Leader, which looks to be the next villain in the next Hulk film. I wonder what he will look like in the movie. Will he still be green?

Edited by The Kryptonian