Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

TV commercials take 2

I've been putting this off for a couple of weeks but the the time has come to vent.

While I Agree Some Things May Not Be Suitable For Some Youngus.....I'm Not eally Offened By Anything On TV....Just Annoy By The Stupidity Of Alot Of It. lol

Commercials For Example.

"Was Loosing My Hair And It Was Ruining My Life!! Now I Got This New Miracle Hair Grower. I Got My Hair Back And My Life Back Together."

Oh Shut The Hell Up, Ya Shallow Jack@$$!

:dude: Thank you STS for that wonderful start! :P

Here's one that has me reaching for the remote at warp speed...

"I have Genital herpes but thanks to (crappy product name here) I still lead the lifestyle I want to lead"

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Here's one that has me reaching for the remote at warp speed...

"I have Genital herpes but thanks to (crappy product name here) I still lead the lifestyle I want to lead"

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

:dude: As long as it does not come on when you are eating a snack! :P

Actually that reminds me, a few years ago I was really into the chocolate bar called Twirl, yet ever time I was eating one in front of the TV a nappy/toilet tissue advert would come on. It happened everytime!

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

Years ago (before disposable diapers were common) there was some diaper commercial - supposedly some new parents and one asks. "What does it mean when a diaper gives off an ammonia odor?" The expert replied in this perkey little voice "Ammonia signifies wetness? Well duh...at thirteen I could tell when a baby needed changing. That still is so stupid.

And then there was Annette's peanut butter commercial. whine "my children eat too much sugar"...my response the children aren't the ones grocery shopping.

There was an Alltel commercial where the bozo would say "gosh, golly, darn, dang..........and on and on and on"

Most cereal commercials. I can't stand them.

The Trix Rabbit especially. I'm not to fond of Tony or Lucky, either.

I like the Cheerios bee, though. Well... I just like bees.

That one shoe commercial... where they're playing basketball with a shoe. I hate that one.

I also hate commercials that come on all the time. And it's bad... because they come on all the time!

I used to get mad at a commercial that always said "YOUR LOSING YOUR HAIR!", I am not losing my hair and don't care about the "miracle" medicine that is supposed to stop hair loss! :dude: :) :P

Edited by Captain Holland

No offence to the ladys but I am really getting sick of hearing about wings and freshness and things I can't say here but they can say on tv I guess cause there on all the time.

Edited by fredbroca

The stupidest series of commercials...ever...involves a young couple alone together. They are getting romantic and start to kiss when suddenly they are interrupted by...Trojan Man! Those commercials are soooooo stupid!!!!

i must say i do enjoy many of the m&m's ads. but you gotta hate all the drug commercials, they're advertised as some miracle of medicine, then theres the fine print, side effects may be bla bla bla bla bla, i dont know but to me most of the side effects sound much worse than the original problem, something like the cure being worse than the disease.

Here's one that really burns me up. A corporate excec of an olive canning company figures out if he puts one less olive in each jar he would save millions.

This has lead to a trend of every product we buy being shortchanged one "olive".

Tubs of butter have big air pockets inside, squeeze a tube of toothpaste and find a hugh void - it goes on & on... We are being robbed BLIND! :bow: