Which US Network is Least Biased?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which US Network is Least Biased?

• ABC
    • CBS
    • CNN
    • NBC
    • FOX

It has been a while since I have seen some of those satiations, but FoxNews would be my choice out of the ones listed.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I like the News Hour on PBS (used to be called the McNeill-Lerher (sp?) Report). They include several perspectives.

Since that was not a choice, I voted for CNN.

I'd say BBC if that was an option, but CNN works for me.

Sorry, I was just addressing American journalism - since it's been under attack lately.

mjham Posted on Aug 30 2003, 07:55 PM

I like the News Hour on PBS ...Since that was not a choice, I voted for CNN.

Sorry about that...oversight on my part

Just a reminder to all - the question was which is the least biased?

I've watched all of them and I'd go with FoxNews. Especially after the news broke that CNN altered reports and held back information based on Saddam's wishes. I view CNN as the media arm of Ted Turner.

i voted for CNN because here in Oz we get special braodcast from CNN and the British one......CNN seems less biased.

Anyhoo!

It’s interesting. I was talking to someone who I respect a lot who fought in the Vietnam War. He flew helicopters - he was a pilot. He talked about how CNN broke news before they were even reported it in the military. Which I thought was interesting. However, he did say that CNN is not what it used to be.

I agree CNN gets those breaking news stories quickly (but sometimes I wonder if some of those “breaking” stories are really “breaking”, lol. I’m saying that because many times they call it a “breaking news” story, but all we learn all it is, is ‘such-in-such’ found a hang nail. Ok, maybe they are not that bad, but I think most of us can think up of lots of examples).

With saying that I know that CNN is generally an ok cable news channel, but I think they can be very biased at times.

The Fox cable news channel seems to be much more balanced.

For PBS’s show I know I talked a bit about it in a topic in Risa, but sometimes I still feel that they are very biased at times. . . . . Yes I know “The News Hour” tries to look at both sides, but several times I don’t think they really do. (I could give a few examples but I think that they would be too political and therefore belong in Risa)

. . . .

But no doubt the FoxNews channel is the most unbiased

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

I voted for Fox,but only because I'm politically conservative and so is Fox news....

in truth,all networks and journalists are biased in one way or another....

so,there isn't really a "right" choice to vote for....

:lol:

I voted for Fox,but only because I'm politically conservative and so is Fox news....

The question is which do you feel is the least biased - not which one you like best. I don't think Fox would characterize itself as conservative. It's intention and its mantra is "fair and balanced". I love the letters O'Reilly gets - half condemn him for being a liberal - half condemn him as being conservative. Aside from being funny it is really interesting that human beings can interpret the same message in such totally different ways.

Of course everyone views the world thru their own unique perspective but I do think Fox makes a genuine attempt to present both sides.

The question is which do you feel is the least biased - not which one you like best. I don't think Fox would characterize itself as conservative. It's intention and its mantra is "fair and balanced". I love the letters O'Reilly gets - half condemn him for being a liberal - half condemn him as being conservative. Aside from being funny it is really interesting that human beings can interpret the same message in such totally different ways.

Of course everyone views the world thru their own unique perspective but I do think Fox makes a genuine attempt to present both sides.

Well,like I said there is no right choice,so I picked the one I liked...

and I would think everybody knows Fox's political leanings...c'mon..? :hug:

Pee Wee may be a big kid at heart,but he tells it like it is! ^_^

Actually,its fairly easy to tell the political views of most networks...

I've never heard a news broadcast that was honestly "fair and balanced",but since I enjoy Bill O'Reilly,and Rush Limbaugh,and others like them,I say that they are "fair"...its all relative

:lol: I'm sure liberals think that their fav' news broadcasts and media outlets are fair and balanced,too.... ^_^