Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Super Bowl XLII

Ok, here's my prediction for Super Bowl XLII.

Patriots 35

Giants 17

Eli Manning throws 3 picks

By the way SpaceTigger, remember the PM I sent you before the season started about the possibility of this being a "special" season for the Patriots?

What do you think of the DVD cases I made?

Patriots_Case.JPG

Nice picture Gummy! Congrats to all the NY members here and Giants fans! It was a great game to watch, not one of those ocassional Super Bowl blow-outs that are no fun to see. Another Manning football hero.

Nice picture Gummy! Congrats to all the NY members here and Giants fans! It was a great game to watch, not one of those ocassional Super Bowl blow-outs that are no fun to see. Another Manning football hero.

And it was the most watched Super Bowl in TV History.

That pic was from the Giants Website that I ripped off last night. :jem'hadar:

I'm glad that the Giants wore their Road White Jerseys rather than their Alternate Red Jerseys.

Everybody knows that the Redshirts always get killed. :assimilated:

LMAO! That's beautiful, gotta send that to Kelly. :jem'hadar:

Tell Kelly I'm still waiting for her to stop by and say hello.

So how crazy was it with all the Super Bowl hoopla going on the past week or so?

So how crazy was it with all the Super Bowl hoopla going on the past week or so?

Not too bad where we live. Glendale is on the other side of town from us. We live near Scottsdale but we've just been avoiding it like the plague since that's where all the big nightclubs are. Paris Hilton did make a complete idiot of herself while she was in town. No big surprise there. Glad the celebs have left town for the most part. And it'll be nice to turn on the local news and actually get some news again instead of constant Super Bowl coverage.

Not too bad where we live. Glendale is on the other side of town from us. We live near Scottsdale but we've just been avoiding it like the plague since that's where all the big nightclubs are. Paris Hilton did make a complete idiot of herself while she was in town. No big surprise there. Glad the celebs have left town for the most part. And it'll be nice to turn on the local news and actually get some news again instead of constant Super Bowl coverage.

I stopped watching the news 4 or 5 years ago... coincidentally that was right around the time that the NFL Network went on the air... hmm...

I know what you mean about avoiding that area. I never go down to the ocean front where all the hotels and shops are. Not between May and September anyway, too many tourists.

Well winter in Phoenix is bad enough because we're invaded by snowbirds every year. There's no possible way to avoid tourists. And a lot of them seem to have absolutely no idea how to drive in a big city. Spring is kind of a relief. We locals are all used to the heat but anyone not from here heads out once it hits 95.

Yeah, I can imagine that people wouldn't really like visiting the face of the sun for too long... :klingon:

Hey I'll take face of the sun over frozen iceberg any day. :jem'hadar:

Man we have so hijacked this thread. :assimilated:

LOL Yeah, hijacked it but the Super Bowl is over...

Me, I'll leave the face of the sun and a frozen iceberg to other people. I'll take the moderate 75 degree weather that we get most of the year. There's times in late winter where it gets colg and times in late summer where it's over 100 but those times generally only last a week, if that.

When it snows here it's usually gone by mid day the next day.

Me, I'll leave the face of the sun and a frozen iceberg to other people. I'll take the moderate 75 degree weather that we get most of the year. There's times in late winter where it gets colg and times in late summer where it's over 100 but those times generally only last a week, if that.

That actually sounds beautiful. I'll be the first to admit I get a bit cranky once it goes above 115, but I adore Arizona. The natural beauty of the desert is breath taking. I don't think I could leave it.

That actually sounds beautiful. I'll be the first to admit I get a bit cranky once it goes above 115, but I adore Arizona. The natural beauty of the desert is breath taking. I don't think I could leave it.

Springtime in Virginia might make you change your mind lol

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=318540

Gorgeous, but you've never seen a Palo Verde in full bloom. In spring Phoenix is covered in these.

Palo Verde in bloom

What's the average tempature in Arizona in May?

May? I'd have to look it up, but not bad. Spring here is lovely, June is when it starts getting crazy hot. But it's dry as a bone so 100 here feels more like 80 in someplace that's humid.

But still the face of the sun, humid or not is still the face of the sun... lol

I had a friend in Arizona that was telling me that she left her sunglasses in the car.... and they melted! lol

I saw this and had to laugh...

Perfection.jpg

:jem'hadar: That's great..I need to send that to a bunch of people today!!!

I had thought..I was telling my co-workers this morning that I think this weekend we should all go out and buy Giants Championship shirts and wear them in here on monday.. :assimilated: What a reaction we would get.. :jem'hadar:

I had thought..I was telling my co-workers this morning that I think this weekend we should all go out and buy Giants Championship shirts and wear them in here on monday.. :assimilated: What a reaction we would get.. :klingon:

I'm thinking that the 19-d'oh shirts would get a more desired reaction.

I work with a lot of Patriots Fans.

I want the 19-d'oh shirt. :jem'hadar:

Gorgeous, but you've never seen a Palo Verde in full bloom. In spring Phoenix is covered in these.

Palo Verde in bloom

Wow, that Palo Verde is gorgeous! Is that by your house RC?

I saw this and had to laugh...

Perfection.jpg

:jem'hadar: That's great..I need to send that to a bunch of people today!!!

I have to send that picture around too. It is an instant classic!

I had thought..I was telling my co-workers this morning that I think this weekend we should all go out and buy Giants Championship shirts and wear them in here on monday.. :assimilated: What a reaction we would get.. :klingon:

I'm thinking that the 19-d'oh shirts would get a more desired reaction.

I work with a lot of Patriots Fans.

I want the 19-d'oh shirt. :jem'hadar:

True, but that's not a real shirt...is it?

Hard not to root for the Patriots when you live in Massachusetts but people I work with are so hardcore..They were devastated when they lost the Super Bowl..

The Patriot's cockiness caused them the game. I had no idea about some of the classless things they did. I read today that before the game, they invited the Giants to their post-game celebration party......... :jem'hadar:

The Patriot's cockiness caused them the game. I had no idea about some of the classless things they did. I read today that before the game, they invited the Giants to their post-game celebration party......... :jem'hadar:

:assimilated: Oh wow..Totally unacceptable behavior..You're right that is the real cause of them losing, their cockiness..They thought there was no way they were going to lose..I think most of their fans felt the same way. I thought the guys I was watching the game with were going to start smashing things..