Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek #1 Most Anticipated Re-Imagined Movie of 08

1. Star Trek

Some decisions have thrilled us (Nimoy's back? And with Sylar now taking on his old role as Spock? Cool!) while others have left us scratching our heads (The guy from "Just My Luck" as Captain Kirk? Seriously?). But the fact remains that this is the most anticipated re-imagining of 2008. "Lost" super-producer J.J. Abrams has a lot to accomplish with his time-traveling quasi-prequel — making "Trek" hip again, selling all-new faces as iconic characters, pleasing passionate fanboys whose wrath makes Khan jealous — but we're holding out hope that this will be one star-date worth keeping. This much is certain: J.J. will be giving us all he's got, Captain.

Read the article and the other 10 here

Technically, Star Trek XI is not a re-imagining, at least in terms of story. The actual designs (primarily the interiors) will be faithful to the original but still be new.

"Time-travelling quasi-prequel" may not technically be correct either, because while this is definitely a prequel, the time-travelling element is somewhat unclear at this point as the AICN article that originally suggested that plot line ended up describing something very similar to Of Gods and Men.

Technically, Star Trek XI is not a re-imagining, at least in terms of story. The actual designs (primarily the interiors) will be faithful to the original but still be new.

"Time-travelling quasi-prequel" may not technically be correct either, because while this is definitely a prequel, the time-travelling element is somewhat unclear at this point as the AICN article that originally suggested that plot line ended up describing something very similar to Of Gods and Men.

Who cares what its called? I just can't wait for it to come out!... :laugh:

Who cares what its called? I just can't wait for it to come out!... :laugh:

I share your enthusiasm but I get annoyed with the media constantly mislabeling the movie. Especially when its called a reboot, because if they were going to reboot, Shatner would be in the movie because they could just ignore Kirk's death entirely.