Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

World's First Remote- Controlled Beer Cooler

World's First Remote-Controlled Beer Cooler

Posted Jan 6th 2008 4:12AM by Terrence O'Brien

Filed under: CES 2008

If you wander by the Interactive Toy Concepts booth at this year's Consumer Electronics Show, there is a good chance you'll be greeted by a friendly bump from a drink (beer) bearing device called the RC Cooler. The RC Cooler is exactly what it sounds like -- a radio-controlled cooler.

The soft-sided, collapsible cooler sits atop four wheels and a radio receiver powered by eight "C" batteries (which will survive only three hours of constant use). The round gray plastic remote takes a single 9-volt battery that shouldn't need to be swapped out nearly as often.

After beating back the CES-show-floor-gawkers who were trying to get a good shot of this thing, we were able to get a good look have to admit we were smitten. Yes, it's silly, but it seems to handle well, which makes it really useful for lounge-chair potatoes who like to party!

Now, when you're lounging poolside at your barbecues, you won't have to get up and fetch a beer or hand one over to a friend. Just send out the RC Cooler with a full load of 12 beverages, while you sit back and relax with the remote. The RC Cooler will be available in the Spring, for $49.99, just in time for the lazy host in all of you to pick one up for the first pool party of the season.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.switched...te_bluenavy.jpg

This is going right by my pool!..... <_<

R2D2 finally got a new job.

Thats actually a great idea TUH!... <_<

If this company can get the rights to produce an R2D2 beer cooler that is remote-controlled, they could sell millions! I already own an R2D2 drink cooler which I got from a local 7-11. Its about 3 feet high and can hold a lot of drinks.........but of course.....it isn't remote-controlled!

I wouldn't put it by the pool. On the third or fourth trip, you may accidentally guide it into the pool.

My nan bought me a cooler for Christmas I have it on my desk in my uni room I put my carton of milk in because people keep steeling it when I put it in the kitchen.

I don't really go far enough for a remote but it would be really good for parties and picnics (I can plug mine in the cigarette lighter in a car).

I like all the inventions this lately. They are actually doing something with technology! :nono: And they're all benefiting people! <_<

Well, you have fun with that. It'll be a shocking way to go out.

Edited by WishfireOmega

I wouldn't put it by the pool. On the third or fourth trip, you may accidentally guide it into the pool.

Well, you have fun with that. It's be a shocking way to go out.

I think MrPsychic and WishfireOmega are right. The results of a wrong turn by the pool could ultimately be quite shocking. :nono: Also the battery time is still short. I think this cooler needs a nuclear power source so one doesn't need to change pesky, annoying batteries while getting sloshed!

Now that I think about it, this is really the poor man's beer service. I mean if you have enough money you can have babes in bikinis bringing you your drinks by the pool. But then if you had that much money you probably wouldn't be drinking beer either. <_< meaning you'd be drinking the high class liquor.

I mean if you have enough money you can have babes in bikinis bringing you your drinks by the pool.

Well, if I used the cooler, it would give my wife a rest........ <_<

I see your point though about the cooler accidently going into the water.

This has "KOR" written all over it. :nono:

You betcha! I already have the website saved and I'll be buying one of these the minute they go on sale!... <_<

This has "KOR" written all over it. :nono:

You betcha! I already have the website saved and I'll be buying one of these the minute they go on sale!... <_<

I never doubted that for a moment. B)

What, so this is for real?

What if the remote is on a wire? Like the old fashioned TVs? B) <_< :nono:

(Well I don't know, I have no TV)

What, so this is for real?

What if the remote is on a wire? Like the old fashioned TVs? <_< :nono: B)

(Well I don't know, I have no TV)

Please join us in the 21st Century, Cara! Its radio controlled.....no wire....... :clap: