Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Jag's or Steelers - who are you rootin' for?

The Steelers (sorry TUH and Kor). I've rooted for the Steelers (and da Bears) for years. I was a big fan of Terry Bradshaw and also of Mike Wagner who played at my alma mater Western Illinois before becoming a safety during the Bradshaw years. Terrible towels are spinning, and the Steelers are making a comback!

The Steelers just took the lead after being down 18 points! But they missed the 2 point conversion try. <_<

Both of teams I was rooting for won last night! The Seachickens beat the Deadskins and the Jags beat the Steelers.... :nono:

and Trekz?.....the Steelers lost because you weren't in the chatroom last night and YES.....I DID see you on the site while we were chatting........ <_<

Edited by Kor37

The funny thing is that the Steelers have a Bigger following in Jacksonville (where I am right now) the the Jaguars, they never sell out unless the Steelers or Colts are in town, and in more homes and cars there are Steelers Flags then Jaguar, Jacksonville is a College town, I see the Jaguars moving after their lease is up @ Alltell Stadium to either San Antonio or LA

The funny thing is that the Steelers have a Bigger following in Jacksonville (where I am right now) the the Jaguars, they never sell out unless the Steelers or Colts are in town, and in more homes and cars there are Steelers Flags then Jaguar, Jacksonville is a College town, I see the Jaguars moving after their lease is up @ Alltell Stadium to either San Antonio or LA

Yeah, I read that the Jags had to cover a large portion of seats as of a few years ago in order to prevent blackouts of their games. Covering those seats means that they can never sell tickets for those seats, not even for the Playoffs.

If you ever see a shot of the stadium you'll notice what looks like giant billboards in the stands. Not above the stands but at seat level. Those are the seats that are covered.

that being said VBG if they didnt cover those seats the stadium would be the biggest in the NFL with over 100000 cause of it being basically the old Gator bowl Stadium, its built for the Jags but its so big for its college games, The Gator Bowl and the Florida vs. Georgia NCAA Football game, down here college sports rule over all pro sports, but its too big of a Stadium for the small market as an NFL stadium they need a Stadium like the old cookie Cutter Stadiums like Three Rivers and Riverfront Stadium i Cincy and Philly, that sat round 58000 for a Football game, but the NFL cant survive in Jacksonville, I cant wait to get back to PA and Steeler country, FYI alot of NFL fans call Jacksonville, Jacksonburgh because of the amount of Steeler fans down here due to alot of native Pittsburghers moving down here...

I agree, Jacksonville is too small a market to survive. I don't know about Pittsburgh but in Philly there is an ordinance that actually restricts how big their Stadium can be. Otherwise they'd have built a larger one. As it is they have a capacity of 68,532 (69,032 with Standing Room Only tickets).

Looking on Wikipedia they're saying that Alltel has a 76,877 Capacity, though it doesn't specify if that's taking into account the covered seats. It makes it sound as if that's the total capacity.

FedEx Field (Redskins) is the largest stadium in the NFL right now at 91,704. Again though, Washington is a huge market and can support that sized stadium.

I remember during Super Bowl Week for XXXIX (Eagles-Patriots) there was a lot of talk about Jacksonvill's ability to support an NFL franchise.

Note:

I just looked up the attendance for Super Bowl XXXIX (which you know was sold out) and it's listed at 78,125, so maybe they removed a lot of seats at some point?

I think they did, IDK if their is an ordinance with Stadiums in Pittsburgh, I do know there is a 15 year waiting list to get Steeler season tickets, but for Pitt Games (Also held @ Heinz Field) you can walk up and buy tickets @ Gameday the only game that usually sells out is the backyard brawl with WVU cause its only about a 45 min trip from Morgantown to Pittsburgh and I think the seating fpr alltell stadium you saw was with the tarps on the seats for Jaguars games I think it can seat more for college games but dont quote me on that. I know the Super Bowl wont ever be back in Jacksonville they dont have enough hotels for a Superbowl, they were able to get by that requirement when they held it because they were able to count cruise ships as Hotel space, now the NFL Doesnt allow that cause it was a Cluster**** last time

Yeah, I remember complaints about that (The cruise ships). I've never been to Jacksonville myself but I also remember complaints of the smell. I don't remember what the cause was though, a water treatment plant or paper mill or something maybe?