Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

People's Choice Awards

Okay, I just had to say this somewhere. It bugs me they call these the "people's" choice awards when in reality somebody, somewhere picks the nominees and all you get to do is choose between their choices. I didn't get to vote for my favorite tv drama or actor etc. (except for the category where Johnny Depp was nominated - like anyone would vote against Johnny Depp)

If Johnny Depp is nominated, I think he will win. He's a great actor and i've always enjoyed every movie he's been in. I'm personally not a big fan of pirates, but his portrayal in POTC made those films worthwhile and entertaining to watch. :yahoo:

lol I don't see many movies... only movie I've seen that I know he was in was the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Then, perhaps before being opposed to someone, you should become better acquainted with their work. :yahoo:

I had the same misgivings about a couple of different actors before taking the time to watch their films and i walked away with a different opinion after seeing their performances.

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

I highly recommend "Finding Neverland" - it's not the typical Johnny Depp role in that he plays a real person - J.M. Barrie the creator of Peter Pan but I think he took it because Barrie's life has been a source of speculation and he wasn't entirely understood. He played a very proper British (Scottish) gentleman - very different from other roles and was absolutely wonderful. He was nominated for an oscar for this role - and if it had been up to me he'd have gotten it.

And although it has been a while I think Edward Scissorhands is a signature role. I am still debating if Sweeney Todd is something I want to see - given the rather macarbe theme.

And Depp was nominated and has won for the last couple of years.

My son just saw Sweeney Todd. He said it was the bloodiest movie he ever saw. Literally buckets of blood.

lol I don't see many movies... only movie I've seen that I know he was in was the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Then, perhaps before being opposed to someone, you should become better acquainted with their work. :yahoo:

Oy vey. Deja vu all over again.

I said it intentionally as a response to TUH/TSPF's comment about how she didn't think anyone could vote against him. Luckily, she got the joke.