Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Stuck Upside-Down In Septic Tank

Man Stuck Upside-Down in Septic Tank

AP

Posted: 2007-12-26 12:15:16

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - It was a stinky holiday for Robert Schoff.

The 77-year-old man spent part of Christmas Eve stuck upside down in the opening of his septic tank, with his head inside and his feet kicking in the air above.

"It wasn't good, I'll tell you what," Schoff said Tuesday. "It was the worst Christmas Eve I've ever had."

Schoff reached into the tank Monday in an effort to find a clog, but he lost his balance and got wedged into the opening.

The 5-foot-5-inch, 135-pound Schoff hollered and screamed for help, but it was an hour before his wife, Toni, walked by a window and saw his feet in the air.

"I saw these kicking feet and ran out, but couldn't get him out," Toni Schoff said.

She called 911 and two Polk County sheriff's deputies yanked her husband out of the tank.

"I thought it was the end of my life," Schoff said. "Thank God my wife saw me. I don't think I could have stood staying in there much more."

I feel sorry for this guy and all but..............this is hilarious!..... :look:

Forget the man, just think of the poor dog he was looking for!

I have to admit, I also noticed that nothing was ever said about the dog. I assume the dog wasn't in the septic tank, but I wish they would fill in that missing part of the story.

Reminds me of that episode of Insomniac where they toured a sewage treatment plant... they were showing the life preserver hanging nearby to retrieve those who fell in, and Dave said that instead of a preserver, they should have a shotgun, cuz if he fell in, he wouldn't want to be rescued, just put out of his misery.

I have to admit, I also noticed that nothing was ever said about the dog. I assume the dog wasn't in the septic tank, but I wish they would fill in that missing part of the story.I have to admit, I also noticed that nothing was ever said about the dog. I assume the dog wasn't in the septic tank, but I wish they would fill in that missing part of the story.

Look, I know you two are getting old but..........put your glasses on.......he was looking for a C-L-O-G not a D-O-G......... :look:

I have to admit, I also noticed that nothing was ever said about the dog. I assume the dog wasn't in the septic tank, but I wish they would fill in that missing part of the story.I have to admit, I also noticed that nothing was ever said about the dog. I assume the dog wasn't in the septic tank, but I wish they would fill in that missing part of the story.

Look, I know you two are getting old but..........put your glasses on.......he was looking for a C-L-O-G not a D-O-G......... :look:

What? Looks for glasses, finds them, puts glasses on. Hey you're right! In the immortal words of Miss Emily Letilla on SNL, "Oh I see. That's different. Never mind!"

I believe the article said he was looking for a "clog" not a "dog"- iin other words "c l o g" versus "d o g" if you need reading glasses. :lol:

Thank goodness no dogs were harmed in the making of this thread.

Now that I reread the post, however, I still have a question: Why was the man looking for a piece of wooden footwear in a septic tank? He must have wanted that footwear very badly. Could he have been going dancing later?