Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dabo Queen

Confessions Of A Dabo Girl

Top five songs... I love rock, but I'm also a soul man.

1. "Hallelujah Chorus" by Georg Frederic Handel

2. "All Things Must Pass" by George Harrison

3. "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke

4. "Tell It To The Rain" by the Four Seasons

5. "Hey Tonight" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Time for a new top five:

Who do you think are the top five sexiest women of all time?

Here are mine, in no particular order:

1) Elizabeth Hurley

hurley.jpg

2) Monica Bellucci

bellucci.jpg

3) Salma Hayek

hayek.jpg

4) Catherine Zeta-Jones

zetajones.jpg

5) Jane Russell

russell.jpg

Depends on the outcome of my batleth battle with Ghostofmajorhayes......... :laugh:

Oooh! Bat'leths? HOT!

Wow, you have 4 of my personal 5 faves in your list. :lol:

Mine are:

1) Dabo Queen :) :) :)

2)Salma Hayek

3)Monica Bellucci

4)Catherine Zeta-Jones

5)Tie between Elizabeth Hurley and Penelope Cruz.

Ok.......Who here DIDN'T know that Ghostof MajorHayes would include Dabo_Queen in his list?.....Cmon......show of hands!.......... :laugh:

GhostofSmoothTalker. :lol:

Get your fine butt in chat so we can talk without running up eight pages of stuff nobody wants to read!

:blush 2: My computers firewall won't allow me into chat. :laugh:

Awwwww! That sucks!

*raises hand in response to Kor's question*

Call me naive, but hey...

Angry horror fangirl rant coming on....you've been warned.

Okay, I am really getting sick of these effing remakes. NOTLD '90 isn't bad from what I hear, enough is frickin' enough!!!

Van Sant's "Psycho"- Blah.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre '03- OMG, barf! (and not in a good way)

Dawn of the Dead '04- Ving Rhames was its only redeeming quality...that and the lounge version of 'Down With The Sickness.'

The Fog remake- John Carpenter's currently smoking his way into a brain tumor just so he can forget he signed away the rights to that.

Black Christmas remake- Ten minutes from the end, I was ready to drag a razor across my wrists.

Rob Zombie's Halloween- I refuse to watch it...Michael Myers with an effing BACKSTORY!?! Don't waste my time, Zombie.

Now they're working on remakes of Friday the 13th (in which Jason is rumored to have the mask...so wouldn't that be a remake of part three?), April Fool's Day (one of my personal 80's slasher faves), Fright Night (no one will EVER replace Chris Sarandon as Jerry Dandridge), and a Nightmare On Elm Street prequel (and if Robert Englund isn't Freddy, this chick will NOT be in line).

[/rant]

Five Reasons Faith Is Better Than Buffy

1) Um....have you LOOKED at her?

2) Faith actually screwed Xander instead of just leading him on forever, unlike a certain whiny blonde Slayer that comes to mind.

3) When Angel became Angelus, Faith almost killed herself trying to save him (Angel episode "Orpheus")....he was 'the great love of Buffy's life', but when he became Angelus after he and Buff did the deed, all she did was whine about him...then kill him AFTER he became Angel again.

4) Faith NEVER whined about being a Slayer...she did what she needed to do, period.

5) Faith can admit her mistakes, whereas it apparently physically hurts Buffy to do so.

The Things You Can't Ever Say

Why is it that you (and by you, I mean me) can always talk one big game, and then when it actually comes to something important that a friend needs to know, you just can't open your effing mouth and say it?

What is my major malfunction that I can't just say it? I manage to say everything else!

[shuts down confusing and mildly emo blog]

The answer is simple. You are terrified by the possible response you may get. You are afraid that your statement may change the nature of your friendship. Very natural feeling when dealing with matters of the heart..... :look:

The answer is simple. You are terrified by the possible response you may get. You are afraid that your statement may change the nature of your friendship. Very natural feeling when dealing with matters of the heart..... :look:

Oh, no! Not like that!

I'm talking about a friend of mine who's getting back w/his ex (who's married to another guy). I just can't think of a nice way to say: "Ditch the witch!"

Oh, no! Not like that!

I'm talking about a friend of mine who's getting back w/his ex (who's married to another guy). I just can't think of a nice way to say: "Ditch the witch!"

The answer is still basically the same. You have a good friend who is about to do something stupid in your eyes. Of course, he doesn't think he's being stupid. You are afraid that if you say something, he's gonna get mad at you and think you are meddling. When I get into situations like that, I usually start with something like this"

"(Insert name), I'm going to tell you something but you will probably get mad. I'm only telling you this because I care for you and I want you to be happy. If you follow my advice, great. If not, I promise never to bring it up again. If I don't say it now, I'm going to feel like I'm not a very good friend to you so here goes..."

Then tell him what you have to say. If he doesn't like it, then keep the promise of never bringing it up again. You'll feel better because you got it off your chest and you'll also have the trump card of later on being able to say............I TOLD YOU SO!..... :lol:

:look: Well I haven't got a clue to whats going on, but that is were I am most of the time. I to hope Dabo does not leave, she has all the young guys steaming like Chinese vegtebles :rockon: and it is sooo fun to watch :lol: :lol:

Wow...what the eff did I miss while I was gone? :look:

We'd all like to know too.. :lol: I hope everything is OK..

We'd all like to know too.. :look: I hope everything is OK..

I was on Christmas vacation, dear.

If I caused any drama, I am truly sorry to anyone I have offended. I didn't mean to come here and cause trouble.

We'd all like to know too.. :look: I hope everything is OK..

I was on Christmas vacation, dear.

If I caused any drama, I am truly sorry to anyone I have offended. I didn't mean to come here and cause trouble.

Oh....it wasn't YOU my dear....believe me!

I think some of the posts have come up missing, but who cares. Glad you are back, hope you had a great Christmas vacation. Now I have to go see what the vegetables are doing. :rockon:

The answer is still basically the same. You have a good friend who is about to do something stupid in your eyes. Of course, he doesn't think he's being stupid. You are afraid that if you say something, he's gonna get mad at you and think you are meddling. When I get into situations like that, I usually start with something like this"

"(Insert name), I'm going to tell you something but you will probably get mad. I'm only telling you this because I care for you and I want you to be happy. If you follow my advice, great. If not, I promise never to bring it up again. If I don't say it now, I'm going to feel like I'm not a very good friend to you so here goes..."

Then tell him what you have to say. If he doesn't like it, then keep the promise of never bringing it up again. You'll feel better because you got it off your chest and you'll also have the trump card of later on being able to say............I TOLD YOU SO!..... :dude:

Mmmmm...I really like the way you think. B)

Wow, you have 4 of my personal 5 faves in your list. :P

Mine are:

1) Dabo Queen :P :yahoo::bow:

2)Salma Hayek

3)Monica Bellucci

4)Catherine Zeta-Jones

5)Tie between Elizabeth Hurley and Penelope Cruz.

Why am I not surprised?

Bringing Sexy Back...and by 'Sexy', I mean 'My Log'

It's been a while...but I just felt the need to catch everyone up (because I know you've been dying without knowing the intricacies of my life):

- Neighbors suck. I'm glad mine is now gone.

- Work is eating my soul. What else is new?

- Drama is lame.

- Applebee's has delicious, delicious buffalo wings.

- SeeingEyeBorg and I are currently trying to choose a con to attend...anybody want to sound off and tell me the good/bad parts about Shore Leave?

- I'm fairly certain I'm addicted to men...maybe I should join a 12-step program. :laugh:

Trust me DQ, it's a great con. The people who run it are actual fans who know what people want. The guests are actually out in the open and anyone can walk up and get an autograph or picture, unlike in the official one where it's like taped off. I was surprised at how big the rooms are, they got at least 4 different meeting rooms open, plus about 12 smaller ones running. Plus, this con will have something extra special for you Dabo, me :laugh:

Plus, this con will have something extra special for you Dabo, me :laugh:

Bring it on, cutie. :)

Oh, I intend to babe :clap:

Time To Talk Con

I'm super excited to go to con now! I've never been to one before...I'm really hoping that it's just a big weekend-long party (though I maintain, the party is wherever you make it :clap:)!

I can't wait to meet all of you that are going (Kor, MrPsychic, etc.). I hope meeting me in person doesn't ruin any previous notions you had about me! :)

Also, while I'm in the area for con, I'm hoping to meet up with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in at least five years. I'm really excited to see him again!

...so Kor, where are you taking us for dinner again? :)