Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dabo Queen

Confessions Of A Dabo Girl

Kinda boring day. You know the drill...sleep late, don't feel like doing anything. Went to work, had a Trek/Buffy marathon w/my friend 'Keh.

I'm too damn old to still be doing this college life thing.

[/emo moment]

Sweetie.....its gonna be a long time before you know what "old" is!... :laugh:

I know...I just feel old.

I'm not breaking out the Geritol just yet.... :laugh:

Things Take You Back

I was driving to work behind a school bus today, and consequently, ending up stopping every twenty feet or so. I could see the kids sitting in the back, all the little sh1t boys (and it was ALWAYS the little sh1t boys who sat in the back) punching each other in the leg and reaching out the bus window to rip leaves off of a tree.

It brought back memories.

Now I'm not going to pretend that my school bus rides were anything but traumatic (we lived in a very rural area where the only thing meaner than winter roads were your fellow bus passengers)...but every once in a while, there are things that take me back to being a small child.

Like the smell of school cafeteria....kind of a mix of chocolate milk and the school pizza, which was basically pizza toppings on a piece of cardboard. It reminds me of being small, eating my lunch out of my He-Man lunch box, and not worrying about stuff.

*** side note- I saw the He-Man lunch box in question several years ago in an antique store. Bargh.

I just let myself go, and I think about being a kid. Not that I'm not still young...and not like I don't like my life...it's just sometimes nice to think about what was.

That said....

mpblovetri.jpg

The holidays really bring out the whimsy in you doesn't it? I do the same thing when I drive down a familiar street from my past , see a favorite TV show from my youth or especially when I listen to a song I loved when I was younger. See.......now you've got ME doing it!....... :laugh:

The holidays really bring out the whimsy in you doesn't it? I do the same thing when I drive down a familiar street from my past , see a favorite TV show from my youth or especially when I listen to a song I loved when I was younger. See.......now you've got ME doing it!....... :laugh:

Honey, I'm the queen of holiday whimsy.

See my icon? When George and Mary are standing next to each other, listening to the guy on the phone and their eyes meet, it is possibly one of, if not THE singularly most sexy moment in cinema history.

Kinda boring day. You know the drill...sleep late, don't feel like doing anything. Went to work, had a Trek/Buffy marathon w/my friend 'Keh.

I'm too damn old to still be doing this college life thing.

[/emo moment]

Darling, you're not emo. But I know that "old" feeling. I'm dreading my 26th birthday next month, and yet...I don't fear turning 30, 40, or 60. But I'm oddly apprehensive of turning 50.

*Sigh* :borgqueen:

Dabo Queen's Hypothetical Scenario Diagnostic Sequence

- You are in a world where the only song you can ever hear is 'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen. When you turn on the radio, it is dead air...until Glory Days comes on. When people sing in cover bands, whistle...you can't hear it unless it's Glory Days. Instrumentals, the rhythmic taps of Riverdance...unless it happens to be to the tune of Glory Days, you're utterly deaf to it.

You can still hear things like human voices and other sounds...but anything remotely musical must be Glory Days, or it's lost on you.

Is this a potent enough form of psychological torture to make you commit suicide?

Dabo Queen's Hypothetical Scenario Diagnostic Sequence

- You are in a world where the only song you can ever hear is 'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen. When you turn on the radio, it is dead air...until Glory Days comes on. When people sing in cover bands, whistle...you can't hear it unless it's Glory Days. Instrumentals, the rhythmic taps of Riverdance...unless it happens to be to the tune of Glory Days, you're utterly deaf to it.

You can still hear things like human voices and other sounds...but anything remotely musical must be Glory Days, or it's lost on you.

Is this a potent enough form of psychological torture to make you commit suicide?

I never much cared for that song. I guess we would have to make our own music, right? :laugh:

Since we're on the subject of music, everybody write your top five favorite songs, and give a reason why you like them. Damn, I love these interactive log things...

My Top Five Songs Of All Time

(I'm a rocker girl...you've been warned.)

1) Kashmir- Led Zeppelin

This song represents perfection to me...it has everything I require in a song. Great vocals, relentless guitar riff, orchestral arranging....ahhhhhh, wonderful.

2) Hysteria- Def Leppard

The ultimate rock ballad...soft, sexy and sweet. Besides, after watching Rock Of Love, I can never feel the same way about Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

3) Walk All Over You- AC/DC

This is a rock dynamo...unrelenting, sexy hard rock! Need I say more?

4) Love Reign O'er Me- The Who

This song seriously almost makes me cry every time I hear it...Daltrey's voice is pure magic.

5) Still Of The Night- Whitesnake

The Kashmir of hair metal...enough said.

Great choice of songs, as I keep on getting older I have more favorites than I have memory. Two from my youth do have special memories

NORWEGIAN WOOD (Beatles)

Let's Live For Today (The Grass Roots) :rockon:

1) Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds

2) Mama Kin - Aerosmith

3) Words Of Love - The Beatles

4) Eighteen - Alice Cooper

5) Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

There......now this Klingon demands his lovin'......... :laugh:

2) Mama Kin - Aerosmith

There......now this Klingon demands his lovin'......... :laugh:

I <3 Aerosmith. Lots of lovin' for you. :lol:

2) Mama Kin - Aerosmith

There......now this Klingon demands his lovin'......... :)

I <3 Aerosmith. Lots of lovin' for you. :)

:laugh: :lol: :)

:) :laugh: :lol:

Now that the formalities are out of the way...

*growls and bites Kor's face*

ROOOOWWWWRRRRR.......*grabs Dabo_Queens hair and bites her lip*

ROOOOWWWWRRRRR.......*grabs Dabo_Queens hair and bites her lip*

Does this mean you're my par'mach kai now?

Depends on the outcome of my batleth battle with Ghostofmajorhayes......... :laugh:

Time for a new top five:

Who do you think are the top five sexiest women of all time?

Here are mine, in no particular order:

1) Elizabeth Hurley

hurley.jpg

2) Monica Bellucci

bellucci.jpg

3) Salma Hayek

hayek.jpg

4) Catherine Zeta-Jones

zetajones.jpg

5) Jane Russell

russell.jpg

Depends on the outcome of my batleth battle with Ghostofmajorhayes......... :laugh:

Oooh! Bat'leths? HOT!