Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Whose character is the most developed?

Which charcater has been the most developed at this point in the series?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which charcater has been the most developed at this point in the series?

• Archer
    • T'pol
    • Trip
    • Phlox
    • Mayweather
    • Sato
    • Reed
    • Porthos

I thought this would be an interesting question to get the fan response to, and I apologize if it has been done before, personally I think it would be a three way tie between Phlox, Trip, and T'pol. What do you think?

Phlox, so far it seems that his character stands out the most when I think of Enterprise.

I would say to this point Phlox has been developed most. But it is early in the series. I'm hoping Archer, T'Pol and Trip get more developed this season and years to come. They are the main characters in my opinion..

I think it's Trip. Should be Archer, but I feel I know more about Trip than Archer for some reason. Maybe it's because Trip seems to be more open about things. I almost said Porthos....cause he's just soooo cute.

I voted Trip, I think we've seen more sides to him. I 've seen him be charming, funny, brave, stubborn, smart, irritated, loyal, friendly, adventurous, exhibit leadership, show scientific curiousity and demonstrate social consciousness.

Phlox would be a close second. He is a man dedicated to principle and fair and open in his assessment of others. He doesn't shirk from his duty.

Sadly, I don't see a lot of dimension in Archer; maybe he's dumped the baggage about how Vulcans treated his father and he can move on now.

I was going to vote Archer but then I realized that you guys are right, Trip is very well developed. As for the Doctor, his character is firmly established, but I don't think it is developing much. He doesn't ever fight with anyone (except for a few small tiffs) He just doesn't get that dramatic. I do think his character is great though! Archer is tough to read, but I think he still has dimension there.

I was going to vote Archer but then I realized that you guys are right, Trip is very well developed.  As for the Doctor, his character is firmly established, but I don't think it is developing much.  He doesn't ever fight with anyone (except for a few small tiffs)  He just doesn't get that dramatic.  I do think his character is great though!  Archer is tough to read, but I think he still has dimension there. 

I had the same reaction, almost said Archer but switched to Trip' at the last second. I think we've seen so many epiosdes where Trip is involved either with Archer, T'Pol, Reed or just by himself and an alien that we know more about him. Think about it, there have been at least three episodes almost totally devoted to Trip with an alien.

Unexpected

Precious Cargo

and

Dawn

Dawn was great too!

But we really got to know him in these episodes, I hope it continues in season 3.

I voted Sato.... um, might be relevent to add that I have only seen serie 1...

And honestly, I don't see much character devolpment at all, with the exception of T'pol and Sato. Maybe I'm not paying much attention...

From no one: :lol: :spock::laugh::laugh:

So, let me get this straight. Porthos, a character who is unable to talk, is ahead of every other character on the show? Okay then.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I was going to vote Archer but then I realized that you guys are right, Trip is very well developed.  As for the Doctor, his character is firmly established, but I don't think it is developing much.  He doesn't ever fight with anyone (except for a few small tiffs)  He just doesn't get that dramatic.  I do think his character is great though!  Archer is tough to read, but I think he still has dimension there. 

I had the same reaction, almost said Archer but switched to Trip' at the last second. I think we've seen so many epiosdes where Trip is involved either with Archer, T'Pol, Reed or just by himself and an alien that we know more about him. Think about it, there have been at least three episodes almost totally devoted to Trip with an alien.

Unexpected

Precious Cargo

and

Dawn

Dawn was great too!

But we really got to know him in these episodes, I hope it continues in season 3.

I agree on Trip being the most developed character, Phlox is a close second..

You forgot Shuttlepod One :spock:

I voted Trip, I think we've seen more sides to him.  I 've seen him be charming, funny, brave, stubborn, smart, irritated, loyal, friendly, adventurous, exhibit leadership, show scientific curiousity and demonstrate social consciousness.

Phlox would be a close second.  He is a man dedicated to principle and fair and open in his assessment of others.  He doesn't shirk from his duty.

Sadly, I don't see a lot of dimension in Archer;  maybe he's dumped the baggage about how Vulcans treated his father and he can move on now.

I have to agree with UnicornHunter.

We should have had more development with Archer, but I feel Trip is the most developed with Phlox and maybe T'Pol running a close second. I would really like to see Archer's character become more three dimensional in season 3.

I voted Archer. I felt that more episodes had shown different times of his life. For instance the first episode showed that he had been suspicious of Vulcans from childhood, and how close his relationship with his father was.

The episode where he met Trip also involved growth in his personality from a stiff, driven, by the book kind of guy to someone who would take risks. I think he is continuing to grow and evolve as a character. I think this Xindi thing could force as stark a change in the way he approaches things.

He is sociable with the crew, and is inclined to feed Porthos the wrong things. His understanding of, and ability to deal with Vulcans has improved.

I think he has a less compelling personality than Trip, but I feel I know more about him than Trip.

Unexpected

Precious Cargo

and

Dawn

Dawn was great too!

I agree on Trip being the most developed character, Phlox is a close second..

You forgot Shuttlepod One :spock:

Stardate:213652.6

I agree that Trip is the most developed.

Oh and you also forgot Cogenitor(sp?)

T'Pols more developed, if you know what I mean. :wub:

Agreed. :clap:

In all seriousness, I voted Porthos. His motivations are a lot easier to understand. Dogs do tend to be a bit two-dimensional. Other characters may change, but Porthos will always be a dog.

A while back I would've voted Trip. However, in this third season I feel Archer has been given the most character development. Right now it seems like the doc has been left out to dry. :clap:

A while back I would've voted Trip. However, in this third season I feel Archer has been given the most character development. Right now it seems like the doc has been left out to dry. :clap:

I don't know - Trip makes a pretty awesome backdrop for T'Pol's bare tummy - that is his role this season right?

Doc, they have a doctor on board?

I think Trip developed last year, but this years's scripts haven't helped his character much...I voted for Archer, his command style is just awesome this year.

:clap:

I don't know -  Trip makes a pretty awesome backdrop for T'Pol's bare tummy - that is his role this season right?

Doc, they have a doctor on board?

:huh: hehe. Agreed on both implications.

Gotta go with the one that gets all the screen time! So I voted Archer.

Having said that also full marks to Trip, Phlox and Reed for impacting my imagination with their characters to the extent they certainly have - especially this season where all the subsidiary characters (especially Trip) have suffered for the sake of action and Archer.

Gotta go with the one that gets all the screen time! So I voted Archer.

Having said that also full marks to Trip, Phlox and Reed for impacting my imagination with their characters to the extent they certainly have - especially this season where all the subsidiary characters (especially Trip) have suffered for the sake of action and Archer.

I agree, chunderfish. I wish they'd give us the Trip/Archer friendship back. :eek: