Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Hubby's Fishing Follies Irk Wife

AP

Posted: 2007-11-29 17:14:10

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Margie Pfaffenbichler has had enough of her husband's one-man fishing expeditions. Josef Pfaffenbichler had to be rescued this week from the waters near Charleston for the second time in three years. Now she says he can only go boating with a friend or a cell phone.

"I'm putting my foot down," she said after her 68-year-old husband spent Tuesday night shivering in 44-degree temperatures.

His boat became stranded when the tide went out in a creek off the Cooper River. He was rescued Wednesday morning and admitted to a hospital for dehydration and exposure.

His wife reported him overdue, prompting a search by the Coast Guard and other agencies. After the rescue, his wife said: "This is ridiculous."

Three years ago, the man to be rescued from knee-deep mud while fishing near Bull's Bay northeast of Charleston. His boat became grounded in shallow water and he sank in the mud trying to push it out.

Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.charleston.net

This guy REALLY needs a new hobby!.... :P

Off topic here but I think if the great love of my life was named Pfaffenbichler - I'd keep my maiden name.

Some people are serious about fishing -

then there's the bumper sticker

St. Augustine - a quaint drinking village with a fishing problem.

AP

Posted: 2007-11-29 17:14:10

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Margie Pfaffenbichler has had enough of her husband's one-man fishing expeditions. Josef Pfaffenbichler had to be rescued ... for the second time in three years. Now she says he can only go boating with a friend or a cell phone.

"I'm putting my foot down," she said after her 68-year-old husband spent Tuesday night shivering in 44-degree temperatures.

His boat became stranded when the tide went out in a creek off the Cooper River. He was rescued Wednesday morning and admitted to a hospital for dehydration and exposure.

His wife reported him overdue, prompting a search by the Coast Guard and other agencies. After the rescue, his wife said: "This is ridiculous."

Three years ago, the man to be rescued from knee-deep mud while fishing near Bull's Bay northeast of Charleston. His boat became grounded in shallow water and he sank in the mud trying to push it out.

Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.charleston.net

This guy REALLY needs a new hobby!.... :P

This guy has already put HIS foot down ... and gotten it stuck. Why does his wife think he wouldn't just drop the cell phone in the water, or the mud? :P This time of year, I'd give real money to be shivering in 44 degree temperatures at night. I think Josef's in way too deep with his fishing addiction. If he doesn't keep getting stuck up a creek without a paddle, his wife may have to cast him out. :huh: