Sign in to follow this  
removed

Star Wars Ep. 1 Question

At the end of Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace, when Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, And Obi-Wan are fighting, where are they? What is the purpouse of the big room they are fighting in? I thought they were in a palace. It makes sense in the Death Star and stuff, but in a palace? And what are those force-field type things for?

The end lightsaber battle has always been my favorite part of the movie, but what the purpouse of the big bottom-less room with force-fields in a palace has always escaped me. Can anyone help clarify? Lol.

I think it was some sort of power generation facilty for Naboo or perhaps just the city of Theed. I'm not sure but with all that electricity flying around I think its a safe bet.

I think it was some sort of power generation facilty for Naboo or perhaps just the city of Theed. I'm not sure but with all that electricity flying around I think its a safe bet.

That's what I've always assumed.

Yeah, it was probably the City's power source. Disguised amidst the architecture like a television in a mahogany cabinet. It may have been also responsible for the planet's space program as there were hangers about it as well. :assimilated: