Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Upset Over Beer Shoots Goat

Wis. Man Upset Over Beer Shoots Goat

AP

Posted: 2007-11-21 11:55:32

WAUPACA, Wis. (AP) - A man who was upset with his wife for not buying beer took vengeance by shooting one of the family's two pet goats, prosecutors say.

Peter W. Mischler, 48, was charged this week in Circuit Court with mistreatment of animals, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and disorderly conduct with a dangerous weapon.

The complaint said Mischler came home Saturday from hunting and became angry with his 22-year-old daughter for letting the goats out and making a mess. While she was talking on the phone to her mother, authorities said, he told her to tell his wife to bring home some beer, but his wife refused.

He then threatened to shoot the goats, according to the complaint.

After his wife arrived home, she and the daughter heard four gunshots and went outside and found one of the two goats with its entrails hanging out, authorities said. They said that goat had to be killed later by a sheriff's deputy.

Mischler posted a $1,000 cash bond set by Circuit Judge Raymond Huber and was released.

A hearing was scheduled for Dec. 4.

I suppose the moral of this story is........ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BEER IN THE HOUSE!.. :P

It is always nice too see my home state make the news with stories such as these :P Trust me, what Mischler did is quite commonplace here and i was surprised that he had to post as much as $1,000 over the matter. Still, it doesn't excuse what he did, but maybe everyone can appreciate the importance of a guy and his post- work beer. :P

The moral of the story is you shouldn't marry a drunken (Ignore me, I'm using profanity) .

Said (Ignore me, I'm using profanity) didn't kill a defenseless animal because he needed a beer but because he'd already had a little too much of something to drink already.

I never cease to be amazed at what some women will marry -

In cases like this, can a person's firearm owner's card be revoked, so he has to give up his gun?

It is always nice too see my home state make the news with stories such as these :P

Ah, Wisconsin: proof that any vice which generates significant revenue is not a vice at all.

Trust me, what Mischler did is quite commonplace here and i was surprised that he had to post as much as $1,000 over the matter.
Note to self: stay on this side of Lake Michigan.

Still, it doesn't excuse what he did, but maybe everyone can appreciate the importance of a guy and his post- work beer. :P

Not. In The. Least.

It is always nice too see my home state make the news with stories such as these :P

Ah, Wisconsin: proof that any vice which generates significant revenue is not a vice at all.

Trust me, what Mischler did is quite commonplace here and i was surprised that he had to post as much as $1,000 over the matter.
Note to self: stay on this side of Lake Michigan.

Still, it doesn't excuse what he did, but maybe everyone can appreciate the importance of a guy and his post- work beer. :P

Not. In The. Least.

Yeah, Very true. However, i would avoid saying that in Wisconsin lest you become one with that unfortunate goat. :P

Yeah, Very true. However, i would avoid saying that in Wisconsin lest you become one with that unfortunate goat. :P

At least between the two parties, I'd be more associated with the higher form of life.

If you say so :huh: I would prefer not to get in between a man and his beer. :P

What a moron. Shooting a family pet over beer? This man is in serious need of AA.

Obviously you don't get the importance of beer, for education, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulyPmFzzPt0

:P

Thats hilarious!!! A good vid. Perhaps we can use that for tourism to our breweries here in Wisconsin? :P :P

At least between the two parties, I'd be more associated with the higher form of life.

Wouldn't prefer it either, but from the article, it seems that it is occasionally necessary.

EDIT: Unless this man hated the goat himself, and was just looking for an excuse to get rid of it. In which case, he's still got serious problems, just not alcoholic in nature.

What a moron. Shooting a family pet over beer? This man is in serious need of AA.

Obviously you don't get the importance of beer, for education, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulyPmFzzPt0

Thats hilarious!!! A good vid. Perhaps we can use that for tourism to our breweries here in Wisconsin? :P :P

I'd try some of the finer beer ballads from Da Yoopers. "Beer Beer Beer" springs to mind.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Hopefully some of you are just kidding about the importance of beer - but this isn't funny.

I think it is obvious the reason this woman didn't buy more beer for her husband is that he was already drunk and she knows what an (Ignore me, I'm using profanity) he is when he's drunk.

Drunk people aren't funny - they're pathetic; and having to live with someone who is drunk and abusive isn't a joke.

As for the video - looks like child abuse to me.

I'm not talking about drinking a beer with your barbecue or pizza which is an entirely different thing from getting drunk out of your gourd like the idiot in this story.

Maybe firearms should come with breathalizers.

Isn't it weird how the combination of hunting and alcohol almost always leads to some stupid stunt? I think that many "hunters" just go out there to drink with their friends and shoot at things. I can't believe that its enjoyable to sit out there in the freezing weather in a tree stand for hours on end waiting for a deer to come by.

We need some kind of test when babies are born to see if they are going to grow up to be people like this guy. What we would do after that I have no glue, but I am certain something could be figured out.

I can't believe that its enjoyable to sit out there in the freezing weather in a tree stand for hours on end waiting for a deer to come by.

What if the alternative is being home listening to the wife nag about fixing the sink, cleaning the garage, going to visit her mother etc? Compare that to quiet and solitude.

I can't believe that its enjoyable to sit out there in the freezing weather in a tree stand for hours on end waiting for a deer to come by.

What if the alternative is being home listening to the wife nag about fixing the sink, cleaning the garage, going to visit her mother etc? Compare that to quiet and solitude.

OR.........You could go to a nice warm bar........with your gun...........and down a few beers.... :P

Wouldn't prefer it either, but from the article, it seems that it is occasionally necessary.

EDIT: Unless this man hated the goat himself, and was just looking for an excuse to get rid of it. In which case, he's still got serious problems, just not alcoholic in nature.

Thats hilarious!!! A good vid. Perhaps we can use that for tourism to our breweries here in Wisconsin? :P :lol:

I'd try some of the finer beer ballads from Da Yoopers. "Beer Beer Beer" springs to mind.

Maybe the same vid with a Yoopers song?. :huh:

OR.........You could go to a nice warm bar........with your gun...........and down a few beers.... :P

Been there, done that! :P Not the same as picking off a few deer in the Wisconsin wilderness. :lol:

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

this is gotta be one of those stories that you need to have someone like this locked up in a padded room for a pre-determined amount of time

More like an undetermined length of time, this guy was clearly insane and/or drunk. I mean, I like beer too, but if I don't have it, I'm not going to shoot something...

UPDATE:

Man accused of shooting family's pet goats to stand trial

AP

Posted: 2008-01-12 16:21:26

WAUPACA, Wis. (AP) - A man accused of shooting two goats after getting upset with his wife for not buying beer has been ordered to stand trial.

Peter W. Mischler, 48, was charged in Waupaca County Circuit Court with mistreatment of animals, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and disorderly conduct with a dangerous weapon.

The criminal complaint said Mischler came home from hunting and became angry with his 22-year-old daughter for letting the goats out and making a mess on Nov. 19.

While she was talking on the phone to her mother, authorities said, he told her to tell his wife to bring home some beer, but his wife refused because she was already on her way home.

He then threatened to shoot the goats, according to the complaint.

After his wife arrived home, she and the daughter heard four gunshots and went outside and found one goat with its entrails hanging out and the other also wounded, authorities said. An officer had to kill one, according to his daughter, Megan Mischler.

She said her father had been most angry about the mess the goats made, not the beer. The incident left the family mired in grief over the loss of Chloe, a pregnant 8-month-old, and Flash, a 5-month-old male, she said.

Waupaca County Circuit Judge Raymond Huber set an arraignment for Jan. 22 after Mischler waived his right to a preliminary hearing Thursday.

The wheels of justice sure moves slowly sometimes. I would have thought this guy was in jail already!