Sign in to follow this  
athena28

Journeyman

For someone who was so looking forward to Bionic Woman, this is the show that's caught my attention.

It wasn't doing well, but seems to have stabilized (thanks writers' strike for keeping it on the air).

While I don't love the storylines which have Dan traveling back in time (sometimes they're just too much the same) the other storylines are really getting interesting. I didn't understand the point of Dan's old girlfriend hanging around the past with him. Now I do. She's really living in 1948! Plus, he's getting into trouble in 2007 for things he's doing in the past & in the present. When the FBI is looking into your actions, it can't be good.

I'm glad I stuck w/this show. After the second ep. I almost gave it up. Now, I'm glad I hung around as it gets more and more interesting.

Edited by athena28

I love this show and never miss it. I think the time travel is pretty interesting. I hope it sticks around for awhile.

I felt the same way but by ep. 4 it got good.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Bionic Woman. Just can't seem to like it no matter how much I want to.

I keep reading about Bionic Woman's imminent demise, tho. They should prob. give it more time to develop.

Now, for 1 nitpick re: Journeyman: if Livia lives in 1948, why is she always dressed like 1980 - present? Her clothes are never from the 40s, no woman wore her hair straight and long like that then. I know she doesn't always have time to change into more modern clothing (even assuming she carries it with her all the time) b/c sometimes she just pops in. At least Dan can fit in from the 70s onward in his clothing. Maybe even earlier. I'm sure there are other nits to pick out there but this is the one I find most glaring.

Good points on Journeyman. Also, Since Livia keeps popping to the future, whats to stop her from using that info to change the future once she goes back to 1948?

I assume you mean unintentionally as she's a stickler for what's right (as we saw in the last ep.). Good point. It would be very hard not to use what you learned (even unintentionally) to affect the future.

I've seen promos for this series. Looks like a cross between "Early Edition" and "Quantum Leap"

There is definitely a lot of "Quantum Leap" in this series except for the fact that the hero gets to go back to his own time after the job is done and even during.

I like that he comes back to 2007. The storyline taking place in the present is more interesting to me than the past.

:P

By MICHAEL HINMAN

Source: SciFi Wire

Nov-26-2007

Life won't be long for "Journeyman."

The NBC lead-out show to "Heroes" appears to be heading toward cancellation as the "Quantum Leap" wannabe nears the end of its initial order, with apparently no plans to pick up any more episodes.

"Episode 12 is the end of our order," creator Kevin Falls told Premium Hollywood. "And let's not kid ourselves. It's a longshot that we would get a back nine, given the strike and our questionable numbers."

Those questionable numbers are the ratings, considered some of the lowest of genre shows this season, and definitely the lowest of NBC's Monday schedule which also includes "Chuck" and "Heroes." The show had very little hype coming into the season, and the early difficulties of "Heroes" to win back its audience certainly hasn't helped the show at all.

Those who are tuning in shouldn't be too worried about loose ends, however. Falls said that Episode 12 is written in a way that would answer many of the questions posed by the series, but still leave some questions left only for the imagination.

"Journeyman" airs Mondays at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.

Edited by athena28

I, for one, will miss this show. The article is correct in stating that the show received very little hype. Many people have never heard of it. It could have been a sucessful show with maybe a little hype.

Really cool episode this week! Our hero gets shot in the present day, then goes back in time only to find that he has to help a young boy escape an abusive father.The kicker is that the kid grows up to be the man who shot him!....

Hope it gets canceled, it was crap. ENT told much better time travel stories.

Don't mince words, Alterego. Tell us what you REALLY think!..... :P

Hope it gets canceled, it was crap. ENT told much better time travel stories.

Don't mince words, Alterego. Tell us what you REALLY think!..... :P

I haven't had a chance to see it yet but am looking forward to it.

Oh well, at least (according to that article) there will be a decent wrap up.

Yeah. Its getting really interesting now, especially with Dan's activities in the past now affecting his present time. Also, Dan's brother finally believes Dan about what he's been going through. Being a police detective, he could be a real ally to Dan in the present.

Yeah, I like that the brother is now clued in.

Well, I guess the next thing for me to try is: Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'm really thinking seriously of dumping Bionic Woman . It really wasn't good this week.

BTW, I almost didn't know it was you, Kor. I didn't know you could change your user name!

Edited by athena28

I'm sorry you're losing your shows - but let me suggest you catch up on the 1st season of Jericho; rent the dvd or download at Amazon. You can ever watch free at cbs.com.

Jericho was given a reprieve from cancellation and the truncated second season (all seven epps) begin airing Feb 12th.

This, IMO, is one of the best shows to ever hit the tv screen because of what it is about - incredibly thought provoking. It does a good job of showing how people could respond when the world as they know it suddenly ends.

Journeyman this week was pretty good. He had to save someone that he knows in the present time. Now that his brother is clued in, he has his help as well. I know that it won't be back next season but I still like this show.