Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Human race may split in two

foxnews

I've wondered before that once the human population reaches a certain size if it will begin to evolve into different subspecies - not along the lines of this article because the guy sounds like an idiot - but just in that there are many cultures or societies that are isolated from other cultures. If these human populations don't exchange dna with other populations there will be no chance for simultaneous evolution.

Back to the article - why does he think short and stupid are on the same genetic cluster or in reverse tall and intelligent? Besides unattractive women never get asked out so if anything "ugly" should simply disappear from the gene pool for lack of opportunity to pass on the dna.

Of course, I suspect that direct intervention in the form of genetic engineering will happen before natural evoluationary processes.

Still I have wondered if given enough time humans would split into divergent evolutionary paths.

attractiveness is a matter of personal taste and of course maturity. I do not think this will happen do to my belief that man was created from God.

Well stated <_< You took the words right out of my mouth.

The effects of natural selection and evolution upon human beings are interesting, because unlike other animals who have to survive in the environment they find themselves in, human beings have the ability to change the environment to suit them and we can make use of such things like technology and medicine to deal with things that might otherwise kill us. As such, any mutations that occur for humans may not play as big a role in matters of survival as they once did. This doesn't mean however that evolution is not acting human being still though. For example a mutation giving human beings the ability to resist HIV would be very beneficial.