Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

William Shatner To Appear In Next Star Trek Movie

Posted Oct 19th 2007 10:39AM by Tim Stevens

Filed under: Audio/Video, Celebrities

After the revelation that relative unknown Chris Pine would be taking the role of Captain Kirk in the next 'Star Trek' film, geeks everywhere revolted -- despite having never heard of the guy. But, Trekkies and Trekkers everywhere, put down your keyboards and stop it with the yelling and screaming: It looks like Shatner will indeed be making an appearance in the film.

The next 'Trek' will take the Enterprise crew back to the beginning, to their halcyon days back at Starfleet Academy. It's been reported that Leonard Nimoy will make a guest appearance as Spock as well, meaning the film will probably start with both he and Shatner reminiscing about the old days.

'Hulk' star Eric Bana will be the villain, 'Shawn of the Dead' star Simon Pegg will be Scotty, and 'Heroes' mystery-man Zachary Quinto will be Spock. Beyond these tasty tidbits, not much else is known about the film, which is set to be released in November of 2008.

One thing is for sure, though -- expect Kirk's famous (in the right circles) Kobayashi Maru hacking job to be portrayed on the big screen.

From Newswatch50.com

:) :) :)

What the- Freaking Shatner whined his way into it. :)

I'm beginning to think this film is going to kill the franchise once and for all.

First Kirk couldn't be in it because it starts after he died in GEN but a rewrite has solved that problem so now were going to be seeing his character appearing older than he should be just so he can be in it? *vomits*

This is going to stir up the purists more than ENT ever did, I may join em.

The make-up artists can make Shatner look way younger than his years. I remember watching Howard Stern's movie, "Private Parts" , where a then 47 year old Stern played himself when he was in his twenties and gradually aged in the film. The make-up was very well done and totally believable.

Not buying it. Unless Trekmovie.com or Startrek.com has it, it is mostly just speculation.

Plus, there are a few inaccuracies in the article:

-Star Trek Academy is not the focus (although numerous articles have repeated this mistake)

-Fans are hardly revolting over Chris Pine

-Much more of the cast is known beyond Bana, Quinto, and Pegg (no mention of Saldana, Yelchin, Urban, and Cho) Only one of whom was cast after Pine (Urban)

-The release date is Christmas Day 2008, not November

And finally one of my pet peeves it is SHAUN of the Dead.

Ironically, the Kobayashi Maru thing is supposed to be true.

Not buying it. Unless Trekmovie.com or Startrek.com has it, it is mostly just speculation.

Plus, there are a few inaccuracies in the article:

-Star Trek Academy is not the focus (although numerous articles have repeated this mistake)

-Fans are hardly revolting over Chris Pine

-Much more of the cast is known beyond Bana, Quinto, and Pegg (no mention of Saldana, Yelchin, Urban, and Cho) Only one of whom was cast after Pine (Urban)

-The release date is Christmas Day 2008, not November

And finally one of my pet peeves it is SHAUN of the Dead.

Ironically, the Kobayashi Maru thing is supposed to be true.

Good point, Jack. This was on the National News Feed so if its not true I wonder where it originated from? Guess we'll wait to see if the two websites you mentioned say anything about it.

Jacks correct. It's just wishful thinking on someones part. After my ranting above I checked StarTrek.com, they have nothing about it.

:) :) :)

Is anyone really complaining that Shatner wasn't it - however, I wonder how much of the $150 M price tag he's demanding for himself. He should make a free cameo out of gratitude that Star Trek brought him fame.