Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

My absence

My computer crashed a little over a week ago. It took several trips to the repair shop to get it fixed. I had to replace an 80 GB hard drive with a 300 GB one - I was nowhere close to using 80 GB before but they don't make hard drives that small anymore. When they reinstalled the operating system they also put on some internet security program I had never heard of before - and it worked, too. In fact it worked so well against the internet it wouldn't let me get on line at all. Finally I figured out what it was doing and uninstalled it. I had about 150 critical updates to download and install. Even with a high-speed connection it took all night. The last 10 or so I had to install one at a time. Then I had some problems reactivating my Norton stuff. I finally got on line and fully protected an hour ago.

The good news is before my computer wasn't upgradeable to Vista and now it is because of the additional hard drive space. It isn't worth it however since the computer itself is about 5 years old.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

van too bad you couldn't make it to the chatroom this sat, we had women dancing on tables with webcams on. you missed the good stuff. :hug:

So that's why you haven't been here. Wow, all that trouble sounds like a major pain in the *backside*. :hug:

Welcome back! :hug:

Wow, your computer experience sounds like a real pain in the butt.

We're glad you're back, even though you did miss that amazing chat last weekend.

I'm in the middle of the same problem now. My hard drive crashed last week and I'm in the midst of having a new one installed. However, as I am always prepared, I have back-up computers available which is what I'm currently using.

I'm in the middle of the same problem now. My hard drive crashed last week and I'm in the midst of having a new one installed. However, as I am always prepared, I have back-up computers available which is what I'm currently using.

It's always good to have back-up.

It's an old cop's favorite. :hug: