Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Jeri Ryan Is Expecting a Baby

I am not that familiar with Jeri Ryan's history. I know she is in her fourties, she was a Ms. Illinois in 1978, and her time with Star Trek. Is this her first child? any ways, i wish her the very best. :tribble:

Jeri Ryan Wikipedia

Since Jeri was born in 1968, do not think she was Ms Illinois in 1978. It would be strange to have a 10 year old girl in a swimsuit and judged on her looks.

Edited by Ezri T

People and especially Star Trek fans in Illinois are familiar with Jeri Ryan. She was Miss Illinois in 1989 and graduated from Northwestern Univ in Evanston. She made real headlines here in regards to the racy legal papers that were released during her former husband's US Senate campaign. Jack Ryan ended up dropping out of the race and was replaced by a weak candidate who was defeated by Barrack Obama for a US Senate seat.

People and especially Star Trek fans in Illinois are familiar with Jeri Ryan. She was Miss Illinois in 1989 and graduated from Northwestern Univ in Evanston. She made real headlines here in regards to the racy legal papers that were released during her former husband's US Senate campaign. Jack Ryan ended up dropping out of the race and was replaced by a weak candidate who was defeated by Barrack Obama for a US Senate seat.

I am not from Illinois but recall all that.

The reports of Jeri Ryan going to strip clubs and receive lap dances from other women when Jack Ryan was watching did damager her. The reports of Jeri Ryan having sex with other women in strip clubs and Jack Ryan was watching was not good.

The reports of Jeri Ryan going to strip clubs and receive lap dances from other women when Jack Ryan was watching did damager her. The reports of Jeri Ryan having sex with other women in strip clubs and Jack Ryan was watching was not good.

There were no such reports. The reports were that her husband Jack WANTED her to go to strip clubs and get lap dances. She, however, did not wish to do that and didn't do that.

So, we can thank Jack Ryan for the fact that we have an extremely inexperienced candidate like Barrack Obama running for President....... :tribble:

There were no such reports. The reports were that her husband Jack WANTED her to go to strip clubs and get lap dances. She, however, did not wish to do that and didn't do that.

So, we can thank Jack Ryan for the fact that we have an extremely inexperienced candidate like Barrack Obama running for President....... :tribble:

Thank you for clarifying that.

Or we can thank Jeri Ryan who made the allegations (not substantiated as fact) in order to gain leverage in her divorce and custody proceedings. The court documents were sealed until a newspaper supporting Obama petitioned for them to be released. A clear case of strategic manipulation by a special interest.

I have no idea if the accusations were true or not; however, without more facts I see no reason to believe her over him. So IMO either scenario is plausible.

Or we can thank Jeri Ryan who made the allegations (not substantiated as fact) in order to gain leverage in her divorce and custody proceedings. The court documents were sealed until a newspaper supporting Obama petitioned for them to be released. A clear case of strategic manipulation by a special interest.

I have no idea if the accusations were true or not; however, without more facts I see no reason to believe her over him. So IMO either scenario is plausible.

At least part of the fault lies in the weakness of the Republican Party in Illinois and the fact they had to bring in a Senatorial candidate from outside the state to run. No credible potential Illinois candidate wanted to come into this race. Part of that problem stems from another Ryan, no relation, George Ryan, former Governor of Illinois who is still fighting his jail sentence stemming from a drivers license scandal when George Ryan was Illinois Secretary of State.

I agree with TUH that it is not possible to judge whether the accusations were true or not. The damage to Jack Ryan's reputation caused him to drop out, or as some newspapers alleged, was forced to drop out by the Republican Party leaders in Illinois.

The worst part of all this imo was the fact that the Jeri Ryan's accusations against her husband are now public record which her children will some day be able to read, or be teased and harassed about by others.

The worst part of all this imo was the fact that the Jeri Ryan's accusations against her husband are now public record which her children will some day be able to read, or be teased and harassed about by others.

All's fair in war & politics I guess. I agree it was not in the public interest to release those records.

Just to clarify I was really only addressing the divorce situation - I really, really don't much about Illinois politics.