Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Russell Crowe the New Trek Villain?

Hey, Tom Cruise could be a multifaceted villain: one who is an accomplished fighter pilot, can dance in his underwear, and jump on a couch. :tribble::laugh: But just imagine the Scientology questions ... maybe not. :lol:

I think Tom Cruise is a great actor. Really.

I agree! I love Tom Cruse and think he's fantastic, but I'm just not sure about having him in the next Trek movie. The first thing the audience may think is "OMG look! It's Tom Cruise!" insted of seeing Captain Pike. :tribble:

Back to the topic - IMHO Russell Crowe would be great as a villain, as would Alan Rickman or Vin Diesel.

I think Tom Cruise is a great actor. Really.

I agree! I love Tom Cruse and think he's fantastic, but I'm just not sure about having him in the next Trek movie. The first thing the audience may think is "OMG look! It's Tom Cruise!" insted of seeing Captain Pike. :tribble:

Back to the topic - IMHO Russell Crowe would be great as a villain, as would Alan Rickman or Vin Diesel.

Thank you. I also agree about Russell Crowe,Alan Rickman, and Vin Diesel as potential villians. To snag one of these top actors would be a huge success for the franchise as it would bring many fans from many genres into the theaters to see any one of them tackle an entertaining role in the newest trek film.

Lately Russell Crowe's movies has not done well. As the saying goes the actor is only worth as his last movie. He might do it knowing that it will help his career. You never know he might be a trakkie!!! :tribble:

Funny you should say that. I was just reading in Cindy Adams' column in the NY Post that Russell Crowe was a Trek fan when he was a kid. I'm going to have to add him to the list of famous Trek fans.

Anyone have any idea of the plot of the movie?

Other then a early era of Kirk and company

You know as much as me :laugh:

Maybe we should take an IQ test and see who knows more :tribble:

A new extreme villan, from a new extreme race - that's what's needed. First Contact was good because of the Borg. The Sona were rubbish - they were like a race of evil Joan Rivers. An evil young Picard was just yawn. I liked Soran - because he was English. English people make for good baddies in a cheesey sort of way. Maybe they should have Alexis from the Planet Dynasty. Big shoulder pads, red finger nails, and a ritzy glitzy star ship (jacuzzi of course, darling)

Eric Bana has been Confirmed as the Villian "Nero". Probably a Romulan...knowing their penchant for comparing the Romulan Empire as the new "Roman" empire! :)