Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Leaked Casting Sheet Describes Re-Imagined TOS Characters

Paramount still looking for new Kirk, McCoy, Uhura, Sulu and Scotty -- but no Chekov.

By Christian

August 6, 2007 - 5:05 PM

A new casting sheet for Star Trek XI that leaked on to the internet this weekend revealed the first information of how the film's creators see the re-imagined Original Series characters.

According to a report on Ain't It Cool News, that site managed to obtain a memo sent out by Paramount to talent agencies, informing them what actors they would need for the new Star Trek film. Not included in the list are Spock, a role in which Zachary Quinto has already been cast, and Chekov, who only joined the Original Series crew in the second season. The memo read as follows:

STAR TREK

Feature Film

SAG

PARAMOUNT PICTURES/BAD ROBOT

[JAMES KIRK] 23-29 Handsome,cocky self assured and earnest. Great physical condition. 6 ft or less.

[LEONARD(BONES)MCOY] -28-32 Medic on the Enterprise. Smart, clever and a bit danger-loving. Dark hair, blue eyes.

[uHURA] 25ish -African American. Brilliant, beautiful, heroic and FUN!, Uhura is almost tom-boyish - as if she grew up in a houseful of brothers.

[sULU] 25-32 -Asian American male (preferably Japanese). Helmsman on the Enterprise. Extremely fit, capable and dedicated. A bit of a wildcat

[MONTGOMERY(SCOTTY) SCOTT] -28-32 a brilliant ship's engineer. Must be able to do a flawless Scottish accent!

For the original report from AICN, please follow this link.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/060807_01.shtml

:yahoo:

I though that had been established, by Walter. They bumped into each other while going to, or standing in line for, the only bathroom on the Enterprise! :)

A 29-year old Captain? Sorry, ain't gonna happen. That is too soon to hold that rank.

I agree. i know Kirk was the youngest Captain in Starfleet, but I always thought he was closer to 32 or 33 when he got it.

A 29-year old Captain? Sorry, ain't gonna happen. That is too soon to hold that rank.

I agree. i know Kirk was the youngest Captain in Starfleet, but I always thought he was closer to 32 or 33 when he got it.

He was 32 when the five year mission began. The movie is set before that and does not necessarily say that Kirk will be captain.

He was 32 when the five year mission began. The movie is set before that and does not necessarily say that Kirk will be captain.

Didn't think of it that way. Maybe we need to get used to saying "Commander James T. Kirk"?

BTW. love the Autobot avatar.

Has it ever really been established when Kirk actually first met Spock? I always assumed it was when he became Captain of the Enterprise.

As excited as I am for a new Star Trek movie, I have come to the realization that to see a different cast of actors in roles so long familier with me will be very hard.

You have to consider that Kirk had to have been through high school, 4 years at Starfleet Academy, been through Ensign, Lieutenant JG, Lieutenant, Liewtenant Commander, and Commander before being given a Captaincy assuming he followed a normal promotion pattern. Captain is equivalent to Colonial, and I have never seen a Colonial in his 20s. It just doesn't happen.

But other than McCoy being danger-loving I don't see any meaningful character changes.

Here is history of Kirk. Some of it might not be cannon, but interesting anyway.

James T. Kirk

Kirk's Starfleet service through the late 2250s and early 2260s was rewarded with a rapid rise through the ranks. At 31 years of age in 2264, he was promoted to Captain. Not only the youngest captain in the fleet's history to date, Kirk was slated to command one of the twelve Constitution-class starships, the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701).