Sign in to follow this  
Gummy

Hey, Sci-Fi Fans!

On July 24th.

I watched this show not only in its initial run, but also when the Sci-Fi Channel ran it a few years ago.

Every so often, they'll show it, but I usually miss it.

I think that they started off with good intentions, but then ran out of ideas, resulting in the show's early demise.

Land Of The Giants was a great show. I remember it fondly. An Irwin Allen classic! It had a real "Lost In Space" feel to it. I remember reading where, just as in DS9, two of the cast members married in real life.

The older than Dirt Club would have more than 3 members here! :biggrin:

I also watched Land of the Giants when it originally aired, and found it entertaining.

:biggrin: sounds like you are all older than dirt, it was a good show. By the way who's the oldest? :rockon:

I'll be 48 in October. And I know that I'm not the oldest here. I am (by far) at the other Trek Boards that I frequent.

Yeah, I watched this too as a kid...

Should the three of us form the "older than dirt" club? :biggrin:

How could you watch it since you are 7 years old! :P

:laugh: sounds like you are all older than dirt, it was a good show. By the way who's the oldest? :rockon:

I'll be 48 in October. And I know that I'm not the oldest here. I am (by far) at the other Trek Boards that I frequent.

I believe Van is the oldest since UH is just 7. :laugh:

Yeah, I watched this too as a kid...

Should the three of us form the "older than dirt" club? :biggrin:

How could you watch it since you are 7 years old! :P

:laugh: sounds like you are all older than dirt, it was a good show. By the way who's the oldest? :rockon:

I believe Van is the oldest since UH is just 7. :laugh:

Actually, I think Odo might be the oldest. I could be wrong tho....

:biggrin: sounds like you are all older than dirt, it was a good show. By the way who's the oldest? :rockon:

I remember Land of the Giants I enjoyed it, and I'm 54. I'll join the "older than dirt club"!

Can i be an honourary member of the old as dirt club i am 22 but know all the shows you guys talk about. As for land of the giants, i used to watch it as a kid on pay tv

Edited by jadziaezri

Sure Jadziaezri, older than dirt is just a state of mind. So far I am the oldest dirt at 55 :rockon:

Wow.

I'm just a youngun' here. :biggrin:

Land of the Giants was one of my most favourite shows growing up! :biggrin:

But all of Irwin Allen's shows I loved.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was my personal Irwin Allen favorite.

Followed by Lost In Space, then Land of the Giants.

I've got a video of the original pilot for Lost In Space. Its very different from the show. There is no Dr. Smith in it and the show is really serious. No camp at all. It was really well written.

Was the original pilot of Lost in Space ever shown on TV, Kor? It sounds pretty interesting. It certainly became the campiest of the Irwin Allen shows that I remember.

I've got a video of the original pilot for Lost In Space. Its very different from the show. There is no Dr. Smith in it and the show is really serious. No camp at all. It was really well written.

I'd love to see it. What other details can you give about it?

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was my personal Irwin Allen favorite.

Followed by Lost In Space, then Land of the Giants.

You wanna go quoting my childhood faves huh, try... The Time Tunnel. man that used to have me on the edge of my seat. Voyage to the bottom of the sea was shown over here after Lost in Space and that in turn was shown after the waltons and that was after Little house on the prarie.

Oh god now I goes reminiscing

While I remember all of these - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and Lost in Space - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was my favorite.

And at least two people who've posted their age are older than me - so I'm feeling younger.

Our family most failthfully watch Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants, but we also watched Lost in Space, laughing a lot, and to a lesser extent Time Tunnel (I wonder if it was on opposite some other program we usually watched?)

Feel prepared to feel even younger TUH, :biggrin: I'm 57.

Edited by trekz

Our family most failthfully watch Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants, but we also watched Lost in Space, laughing a lot, and to a lesser extent Time Tunnel (I wonder if it was on something else we watched?

Feel prepared to feel even younger TUH, :biggrin: I'm 57.

Whenever Voyage is shown on AMC, I always watch it. And I've seen it probably 100 times. If not more.

Was the original pilot of Lost in Space ever shown on TV, Kor? It sounds pretty interesting. It certainly became the campiest of the Irwin Allen shows that I remember.

It was never shown on TV. Interestingly enough, I bought this video at a Trek con some years ago. If anyone wants a copy, I would be happy to duplicate it and mail it to you for just the cost of the tape and postage.

From the same dealer I also bought the original Fantastic Four movie and a TV pilot for a Justice League of America show. All live action and never shown anywhere.

You wanna go quoting my childhood faves huh, try... The Time Tunnel. man that used to have me on the edge of my seat.

I almost forgot about that show! I love The Time Tunnel!. It had a lot of Trek connections too. It starred James Darren (Vic), Lee Merriweather( Losira from "That Which Survives" - TOS) and Whit Bissel ( Manager of Space Station - "The Trouble With Tribbles" - TOS)

It was never shown on TV. Interestingly enough, I bought this video at a Trek con some years ago. If anyone wants a copy, I would be happy to duplicate it and mail it to you for just the cost of the tape and postage.

From the same dealer I also bought the original Fantastic Four movie and a TV pilot for a Justice League of America show. All live action and never shown anywhere.

You wanna go quoting my childhood faves huh, try... The Time Tunnel. man that used to have me on the edge of my seat.

I almost forgot about that show! I love The Time Tunnel!. It had a lot of Trek connections too. It starred James Darren (Vic), Lee Merriweather( Losira from "That Which Survives" - TOS) and Whit Bissel ( Manager of Space Station - "The Trouble With Tribbles" - TOS)

No wonder you're a Trivia master! :biggrin:

Ok Gummer

Even though i remember when dirt was clean

am not the oldest will be 50 in September.

I do remember all the shows above as first run.

Also Time Tunnel,MY Mother The Car and others.

:biggrin:

Ok Gummer

Even though i remember when dirt was clean

am not the oldest will be 50 in September.

I do remember all the shows above as first run.

Also Time Tunnel,MY Mother The Car and others.

:biggrin:

I see that someone had you beat.

I haven't thought about My Mother The Car in years!

I liked that show. I'm surprised that it's not on TV Land.