Sign in to follow this  
star_rose

TRANSFORMERS: do you like them?

I would like to know how many people like the movie TRANSFORMERS. I think that it is a very great movie with a lot of special effects! I like the stories about robots and androids, therefore I appreciated how the director was able to create an original story with good and evil robots. :biggrin:

What do you think about this?

I was never into the toys or the cartoon so I haven't seen the movie. I've heard reviews from people that have seen it and they have been all over the place. Some people love it and some hate it.

I thought it was pretty good, plenty of heart, comedy and thought provoking social commentary.

My only complaints are; I really loath the modern day action movie trend of putting the action too close to the camera; it all becomes an unintelligible blur. I could hardly see a thing during the big battle and that lead me to feel a little restless, wishing it would end.

Although the SFX look spectacular, I will wait to see this. Probably when it comes to PPV.

Have not seen it yet, plan to . I love anything with robots and such, one of my favorite comics was Magnus Robot Hunter.

I remember that comic book! Did you also read "Metal Men" comics?

Metal Men is my all time favorite, I am hoping with all the new animation that they will make a movie. Platinum Girl still has my heart!!!!!! :biggrin:

Metal Men is my all time favorite, I am hoping with all the new animation that they will make a movie. Platinum Girl still has my heart!!!!!! :biggrin:

I have the entire original run of Metal Men comics somewhere in this house

I had both some of the Transformers toys (some I even bought) when the 4 year animated series was on

also watched ("Transformers:The Movie") when it came in the theatres so I was pleased when they were going to make a live Action-CGI film with them and I liked it was abit too much so much happening all at the same time to see on the screen and had to get use to the updated versions of the Robots I knew but at least the voice of "Optimus Prime"was in it.

so at flixster I gave "TRANSFORMERS" 5 star rating.

"Autobots Transform and roll out"

:laugh: :biggrin: :cool1: :cool2:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I thought the Transfomers movie was absolutely spectacular. I would rate it as the second best movie of the year, behind 300. I didn't have high hopes for it, since I was a huge fan of the show when I was little, had the toys, played with them, grew up and watched the new version of Beast Wars, and still knew all about them. I thought it would be some basic movie that didn't know what it was, an action flick or kids flick. To me, it surprised me in being pretty grown up and a well done action movie. My only gripe was that they never really showed the Decepticons interacting like the Autobots. It would have been great to see Megatron and Starscream feuding like they always did, more than just Megatron's classic line of "You've failed me yet again Starscream". Overall, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5

I would like to know how many people like the movie TRANSFORMERS. I think that it is a very great movie with a lot of special effects! I like the stories about robots and androids, therefore I appreciated how the director was able to create an original story with good and evil robots. :)

What do you think about this?

Original?

My only complaints are; I really loath the modern day action movie trend of putting the action too close to the camera; it all becomes an unintelligible blur. I could hardly see a thing during the big battle and that lead me to feel a little restless, wishing it would end.
My same exact thoughts, and I also really didn't care for the characters who weren't Transformers..

Also, the product placement... Transformers did not want me to drink more Mountain Dew.

I agree with you DrWho on the product placements. I knew that Mountain Dew was having a promotion linked to the movie, so I expected to see a few cans or signs, but not that much... Why not just call it "Mountain Dew: The Movie, featuring Transformers" :)

There is a 4 part comic book series out featuring the Marvel super-hero team "The Avengers" working with the Transformers.