Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner on Star Trek XI: 'He's In It. I'm Not In It.'

Captain Kirk actor reveals that Nimoy has a role in the upcoming feature, but apparently will not appear himself.

By Michelle

July 10, 2007 - 11:27 PM

Much to his chagrin, William Shatner (Kirk) revealed that he will not be in the upcoming Star Trek movie directed by J.J. Abrams, though his friend and former co-star Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will appear.

"I said, 'Leonard, have you heard?' He said, 'Yes, I have...I've read the script,'" Shatner explained in video on his web site. "I said, 'Is it a good script?' He said, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Am I in it?' And there was a pause. He said no. And then he began to laugh."

Though Shatner joked that Star Trek was forty years old and people should forget about it, he indicated that he was very disappointed. Previously he had spoken of having met with Abrams and looking forward to making an appearance in the movie. "I went through the phone as I grabbed him by the throat," he joked, though he conceded, "[Nimoy]'s in it. I'm not in it." He joked that he and Nimoy were not such good friends that Nimoy would refuse to do a role unless Shatner was cast as well.

Shatner Talks New Star Trek XI Movie Details From An Inside Source

In a separate interview clip from KABC in Los Angeles, Shatner reflected on conventions and his relationships with his other co-stars. "It's standing in front of a home audience and everything you say is amusing, and you begin to think that you really know what you're doing," he said of appearances before Star Trek fans, noting that it isn't like that everywhere.

Asked whether his castmates were as receptive, Shatner said, "I'm beloved by the cast! Though there were a few people who didn't know they loved me."

Shatner Talks Trek On The KABC Morning Show

http://www.trektoday.com/news/110707_02.shtml

I saw this in my email that I get from williamshatner.com.

I'm hoping that things get ironed out and they are able to get him and Nimoy into the project.

I can't see any reason why Shatner shouldn't be in the new movie. Perhaps he wants an unreasonable amount of money. Thats the only thing I can think of. However, Shatner appears to really want to be in this movie so I can't see him holding out for a lot of money.

I can't see any reason why Shatner shouldn't be in the new movie. Perhaps he wants an unreasonable amount of money. Thats the only thing I can think of. However, Shatner appears to really want to be in this movie so I can't see him holding out for a lot of money.

Agreed...

.... Perhaps he wants an unreasonable amount of money. Thats the only thing I can think of. However, Shatner appears to really want to be in this movie so I can't see him holding out for a lot of money.

I think he wants to be in it at his price

Maybe Abrams should try to get a quote on Shatner as a guest on Priceline.com? :biggrin:

Agreed...

he just thinks just because he's been in 2 TOS series (and yes, im inculding the animated version) and 7 movies, he thinks he deserves and is intitled to be in this new TOS movie.

Agreed...

he just thinks just because he's been in 2 TOS series (and yes, im inculding the animated version) and 7 movies, he thinks he deserves and is intitled to be in this new TOS movie.

I think that Shatner would be totally justified in thinking that.

Captain Kirk actor reveals that Nimoy has a role in the upcoming feature, but apparently will not appear himself.

By Michelle

Much to his chagrin, William Shatner (Kirk) revealed that he will not be in the upcoming Star Trek movie directed by J.J. Abrams, though his friend and former co-star Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will appear.

"I said, 'Leonard, have you heard?' He said, 'Yes, I have...I've read the script,'" Shatner explained in video on his web site. "I said, 'Is it a good script?' He said, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Am I in it?' And there was a pause. He said no. And then he began to laugh."

Though Shatner joked that Star Trek was forty years old and people should forget about it, he indicated that he was very disappointed. Previously he had spoken of having met with Abrams and looking forward to making an appearance in the movie. "I went through the phone as I grabbed him by the throat," he joked, though he conceded, "[Nimoy]'s in it. I'm not in it." He joked that he and Nimoy were not such good friends that Nimoy would refuse to do a role unless Shatner was cast as well.

In a separate interview clip from KABC in Los Angeles, Shatner reflected on conventions and his relationships with his other co-stars. "It's standing in front of a home audience and everything you say is amusing, and you begin to think that you really know what you're doing," he said of appearances before Star Trek fans, noting that it isn't like that everywhere.

Asked whether his castmates were as receptive, Shatner said, "I'm beloved by the cast! Though there were a few people who didn't know they loved me."

By Michelle

Think its cool one them will be in it kirk or spock!!!

Agreed...

im not against the man in anyway, im just saying that for just once, him crying wolf, not to mention throwing a hissy fit won't work no matter what your age. so he wasn't asked to be in it, big deal. michael keaton wasn't asked to play batman in batman forever or batman and robin.

Agreed...

im not against the man in anyway, im just saying that for just once, him crying wolf, not to mention throwing a hissy fit won't work no matter what your age. so he wasn't asked to be in it, big deal. michael keaton wasn't asked to play batman in batman forever or batman and robin.

Michael Keaton was asked to play Batman in "BATMAN FOREVER" but left the role during the negotiating process when he learned that Joel Schumacher would be directing it and the Burton-esque dark and gothic tone would be scrapped in favour of the campy and gaudy Schumacher style.

Also, before it is brought up, Adam West was also offered a cameo in Batman but refused because he was so childishly irate because he wasn't chosen to play Batman.