Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Would To See An Episode Where...

I would say like a kid maybe a teenager thats all star struck and maybe he thinks hes on the set or its a big joke that his friends are playing on him or better yet the person has seen the show that he is on and helps the crew save a bunch of lives that would be cool

Yes, this a quite interesting thought.

BTW, can you read my mind? :lol: I am just writing a story in which this case is comin up :force: But I turned it around, someone from Star Trek comes in HERE ;)

I was inspired by a Q story I read (one of the best fan fic stories I ever saw).

Buuuut I think it would be such a great idea, a star trek fan gets on the Enterprise and makes a lot of technobabble suggestions and saves the ship ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I know who...

Click for Spoiler:

Sisko_vbg.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!! :lol:

Could make a pretty cool practical joke to make someone from our time believe they are really on the Enterprise, but it's just a set.. A REALLY big fan might even fall for it if it's done in the right way :lol:

lol, oddly I think that would make for a good show. True, it wouldn't really fit with traditional trek, but I think it is okay to do something completely wacky once in a blue kronos moon. In fact I know a way that it could be done. The person that ends up on the ship could actually be from another reality where there is a VERY similar show (after all, if there are infinite realites, it would likely have to be possible)

What a bad idea that is... Star Trek only works because it's a futuristic utopian belief that some day Earth and human will rise above the conditions of present. To do what you say would make it a mockery...

I completely agree with ConnorExum. It's an absurd idea. As ConnorExum alluded to, one of the reasons many people like Star Trek is that it takes us into a utopian world that we can only dream of. Putting someone from our time into it would just pull the story away from that ideal and ruin the atmosphere. Besides, it's been done too many times before in one way or another:

"The City on the Edge of Forever"

"First Contact"

That Voyager ep. where Ed Begley Jr. plays the guy who found a time machine and becomes a computer mogul by slowly releasing tech. over a long time, eventually creating company with a stranglehold on the computer industry going by the name of Mi... wait, I'm confusing myself now.

WOW, can you read my mind?  :dude:  I am just writing a story in which this case is comin up  :lol:  But I turned it around, someone from Star Trek comes in HERE  B)

I was inspired by a Q story I read (one of the best fan fic stories I ever saw).

Actually, Mrs P, it's already been done. Have you ever checked out Fanfiction.net? It's a HUGE database of fan fiction, covering everything from Angel to X-Men. There is an author in the Miscellaneous Star Trek section that has actually posted a series of stories about a group of teenage Trekkies who are magically transported to the 23rd century and meet their heroes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we Starfleet wives gotta stick together, ya know? :)

WOW, can you read my mind?  :dude:  I am just writing a story in which this case is comin up  :lol:  But I turned it around, someone from Star Trek comes in HERE  B)

Actually, Mrs P, it's already been done. Have you ever checked out Fanfiction.net? It's a HUGE database of fan fiction, covering everything from Angel to X-Men. There is an author in the Miscellaneous Star Trek section that has actually posted a series of stories about a group of teenage Trekkies who are magically transported to the 23rd century and meet their heroes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we Starfleet wives gotta stick together, ya know? :)

Yes but in my story someone from 24th century comes up to our timeline (so the opposite) B)

I think the Q story I read which inspired me was from this side but I cannot remember exactly.... :)

And, of course we have to stick together, I know :)

Soooo, I still think the suggestion is not a bad idea for ENT B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Wow, I had a late one last night and just reread my post. Basically those examples I gave were just supposed to illustrate that crews from various series have met people from the past, although the ship went to them, not the other way around. Anyway, we've already seen how such encounters might go a lot, so why drag it all up again?

I'd watch the show.Especially if one of you guys were the "fan".I wouldn't want to literally find myself in the Star Trek reality.Call me crazy,but I like life on this polluted,war ravaged blue orb.I'd go nuts without a good fast food joint.That replicated health food they eat,yeck!!! :pepsi: Oh,yeah,and let's not forget Coke(I don't much care for Pepsi...but there's no coke emoticon). :spock: