Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

Just posted by the AP.

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but I have heard his name. This is truly a tragedy.

I am a fan, and it is a HUGE loss. Definitely one of the best wrestlers of all time. I live in Georgia, so they are talking a lot about it on TV. Sadly, they are now saying that it was a murder suicide and that Chris killed his wife and son before he killed himself

Apparently, Benoit cancelled out on this past Sunday's PPV to fly home for "personal reasons". It appears that those personal reasons was to kill his wife and his 7 year old son. He killed his wife on Saturday, his 7 year old son on Sunday and then himself on Monday. I was a big fan of Benoit but I have no sympathy for someone who can kill his own 7 year old son. I think it was a mistake for the WWE to have a 3 hour memorial to Benoit last night. To do that almost seems like they condone his actions. Benoit deserves no tears or sympathy at all. If his own life was so bad that he felt he had to commit suicide is one thing but to kill your own 7 year old son? I can't get past that. I feel nothing but disgust for him.

Edited by Kor37

It now appears that Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, watched the wrestling PPV with his son on Sunday, smothered his son to death in his bed afterwards and then hung himself on Monday. What a scumbag........

Edited by Kor37

Yes, the part about the murdered wife and child is a tragedy.

What an absolute (Ignore me, I'm using profanity), lowlife, cretin (just like all the other wife/child murderers in the news this past week)

More weird stuff about this murder.

- The wife and son both had bibles next to their bodies....... :laugh:

- The wife had her wrists and feet tied and was found in a standing position wrapped in a towel... :laugh:

Shocking news really. I and my cousin were stunned when we heard this news. Benoit's legacy and all his accomplishments destroyed. Two completely innocent people just killed senselessly. Condolences to the families from both of us.

I agree with Kor and TUH on this. I have less than no sympathy for Benoit. For any male to kill this wife and child means that he's not a man at all. He should have let them leave and killed himself.

Chris Benoit Took A New Life Insurance Policy, More

Date Added: July 03, 2007

Story By: Andy Steven

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter are reporting that Chris Benoit took out a new life insurance policy, which listed his ex-wife and oldest child David, 14, and Megan, 10, as the beneficiaries. Nancy apparently confronted Chris about it and he refused to change it. Nancy also found out that Chris Benoit set up a new bank account in the name of his ex-wife in Edmonton.

Yet another plot twist........

Chris Benoit Took A New Life Insurance Policy, More

Date Added: July 03, 2007

Story By: Andy Steven

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter are reporting that Chris Benoit took out a new life insurance policy, which listed his ex-wife and oldest child David, 14, and Megan, 10, as the beneficiaries. Nancy apparently confronted Chris about it and he refused to change it. Nancy also found out that Chris Benoit set up a new bank account in the name of his ex-wife in Edmonton.

Yet another plot twist........

This whole thing grows more bizarre by the day...

Steroids found in pro wrestler's body By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press Writer

52 minutes ago

DECATUR, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The testosterone, a synthetic version of the primary male sex hormone, is considered an anabolic steroid. The state's top medical examiner said it appeared to have been injected shortly before Benoit died.

Dr. Kris Sperry said there was no evidence of any other steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit. He also said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit's wife had a "therapeutic" level of sedatives in her body.

Sperry said there is no consensus that the use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

"This a question that basically no one knows the answer to," Sperry said. "There is conflicting scientific data as to whether or not testosterone creates mental disorders or leads to outbursts of rage," he said. "There's data that suggests it and other data that refute it."

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine. After the slayings, prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

World Wrestling Entertainment last screened Benoit for steroids in April. It said the results released Tuesday were proof Benoit did not test positive for illegal substances.

"All it means is that scientifically, it's now known that sometime between April 10 and when he died, he had treatment with testosterone," said Jerry McDevitt, a WWE attorney. "That's all it establishes."

This just gets stranger and stranger. Some things here don't make sense.

1- When Police searched the house, they found over 10 cans of beer in the trash and an empty bottle of wine next to Benoit's body yet they found no alcohol in Benoit's body or in his wife's.

2- Only testosterone was found in Benoit's body. No "roid rage" was involved as the media has obsessed upon.

3- All three bodies had sedatives in them

I don't want to sound like a conspiracist but............could it be possible that someone else was in the house and did this?.... :biggrin:

Edited by Kor37

Steroids found in pro wrestler's body By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press Writer

52 minutes ago

testosterone, a synthetic version of the primary male sex hormone, is considered an anabolic steroid.

- Only testosterone was found in Benoit's body. No "roid rage" was involved as the media has obsessed upon.

- All three bodies had sedatives in them

Ok the point in the article pointed this out but I will explain it. Testosterone, when naturally occurring is not a steroid, it is a hormone, however when it is found to the levels found in this shinning example of Darwinian theory, it becomes classified as a steroid (anabolic, as stated above).

Increased testosterone levels in the blood are associated with masculine behavior, aggressiveness and increased sexual desire. Increased aggressiveness may be beneficial for athletic training, but may also lead to overt violence outside the gym or the track. There are reports of violent, criminal behavior in individuals taking AS. Other side effects of AS are euphoria, confusion, sleeping disorders, pathological anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations.
Taken from The Encyclopedia of Sports Science

Thus the man's actions were probably part of the effect of anabolic steroid use (testosterone in this case given the huge levels in his blood) Thus the media's 'roid rage theory is proven.

All three bodies had sedatives found in their blood streams. Well there is a shocker, who the hell wants to FIGHT against an unwilling partner in their little murder scheme. You make whoever you are going to assault or murder pliable, much the same way as date rapists do and then it is easier to suggest or even force the person into compliance.

This guy obviously took steroids to bulk up for his career found that he liked the feeling of power that they gave him (whilst others began seeing the negative aspects of his personality magnified through the steroids) and kept taking them, possibly in ever increasing lots given the levels found.

He then became a victim of the steroids side effects from the sound of things the pathological anxiety and sleep disordered (why else do you get sedatives?). He more than likely was a victim of the paranoia and hallucinations, especially given the cocktail in his bloodstream. Couple these issues with the customary aggression and probable overt violence often found in those taking anabolic steroids and you have the perfect emotional balance for a fairly calculated but brutal murder or two.

Edit: For this pathologist to claim that testosterone in these levels to be found but no steroids found makes me query the med degree he/she has. One only has to look up testosterone as a steroid to find the many websites devoted to serving the athletic community, not only this but athletics dope testing tends to test for excess testosterone. I am beyond puzzled at what this guy has as his findings.

(BTW Kor I am not picking on you I swear.)

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

1- When Police searched the house, they found over 10 cans of beer in the trash and an empty bottle of wine next to Benoit's body yet they found no alcohol in Benoit's body or in his wife's.

Could be the trash hadn't been taken out in a while

2- Only testosterone was found in Benoit's body. No "roid rage" was involved as the media has obsessed upon.

It also says right in the article that synthetic testosterone is a steroid.

3- All three bodies had sedatives in them
It might help if you want to hang yourself (actually saw that on an ep of Law & order)

Another weird thing I forgot to put in there is that shortly before his death, Benoit shot himself up with testosterone. Why would he do that when he was about to hang himself ?

I'm not stating any conclusions on my part. I'm just throwing things out there for discussion.

Here's something else to ponder. Nancy Benoit's ex-husband, Kevin Sullivan, is a known Satanist who harbored an intense hatred for Benoit for stealing his wife away.

Benoit's Heart Showed No Signs Of Damage

Date Added: July 23, 2007

Story By: Devis Owens

According to Dave Meltzer, testing showed that Chris Benoit's heart was normal, and showed no signs of damage. Typically individuals who abuse steroids for a length of time suffer from enlarged hearts. This was obviously not the case with Benoit.

So steroids can be finally ruled out.

Benoit's Heart Showed No Signs Of Damage

Date Added: July 23, 2007

Story By: Devis Owens

According to Dave Meltzer, testing showed that Chris Benoit's heart was normal, and showed no signs of damage. Typically individuals who abuse steroids for a length of time suffer from enlarged hearts. This was obviously not the case with Benoit.

So steroids can be finally ruled out.

That's not how I read that - maybe he is an atypical case.

you know when I first heard about this I thought that Nancy's ex-husband Kevin Sullivan was involved, I still have that thought in the back of my mind

but it still sucks almost 1 year later, I always thought Nancy benoit was good looking

you know when I first heard about this I thought that Nancy's ex-husband Kevin Sullivan was involved, I still have that thought in the back of my mind

but it still sucks almost 1 year later, I always thought Nancy benoit was good looking

Its quite possible. Afterall, he is the "Demonic" Kevin Sullivan......

You want Nancy pics? Penthouse is putting some in one of the next few issues.