Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

This stinks!

We have to get gas today. I'm making sandwiches, we'll be in line for a while. Last night the lines were about a half mile long in the few gas stations that still had any gas. bedlam.gif

Phoenix Gas Shortage

sounds like a big 'ol pain in the butt. hope it ends soon for ya. as far as gas prices, im really getting tired of the uprising prices.

What we need to do is invent a car that runs on something other than gas that can still go at similar speeds as a car with gas.

I think the most promising so far is the Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV). Honda and Toyota are already offering them and other companies are not far behind (there may actually be others already out, I'm not sure).

Gas prices are indeed outrageous. They went up 14 cents in one day here.

I've heard a popular brand of electric car (EV1) which was only available by leasing has been shelved and the people who have fallen in love with it are NOT happy about the decision.

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We got in line right before rush hour so we only had to wait in line 35 minutes. By the time we got to the pump the line was about 3 times as long as when we got on. Pizza Hut had people selling personal pan pizzas to people in line in their cars. action-smiley-050.gif The cheapest we could get was $2.50 per gallon. bedlam.gif

Stardate:213633.9

OMG :lol: Here in Washington i havent seen any lines like that but the cheapest i could find gas was at the AMPM across the street from my school at 1.75.Most expensive is a Texaco at 2.05.Im glad my truck gets good gas milage.

By the way.Is that Calvin in your avatar???I love Calvin and Hobbes!!!!!!!!

Stardate:213633.9

By the way.Is that Calvin in your avatar???I love Calvin and Hobbes!!!!!!!!

Yup, I love Calvin and Hobbes too. Bigsmile.gif I kept using this bedlam.gif smilie when I was IMing with my sister and she said it looked just like Calvin. It inspired me. :lol:

Pizza Hut had people selling personal pan pizzas to people in line in their cars. action-smiley-050.gif The cheapest we could get was $2.50 per gallon. bedlam.gif

Unbelieveable!!..........Why is there a gas shortage there?..............I can remember back in the 70's when we had the gas shortage that some people were in line so long; they ran out of gas waiting to get gas......People ended up pushing their cars up to the gas pumps.......Anyway, I hope this shortage is over for you very soon. :lol: