Sign in to follow this  
mj

SG-1 Season Finale

It was slow moving at times. I am still thinking about it. I really have not been watching it much since the main characters changed, and the Ori became the main enemy.

But at least they have allowed the characters to go on.

It was interesting. A bit slow moving, though I'd like to watch it again. I am also pleased that they let the characters continue and didn't feel compelled to kill anyone off - versus a certain other series finale. :laugh: It looks like Carter (Amanda Tapping) will be joining Stargate Atlantis next season. :laugh:

I've never seen one episode of this show. I suppose I could start watching it.

I've been meaning to catch SG atlantis, with Conner Trinnear.

I've tried very hard to like Stargate. I've attempted to watch several episodes but have always gotten bored halfway through. I realize I'm in the minority here but I just can't get into the show.

I agree it was a little slow and that was a disappointment for the "finale" I figured out what was going to happen pretty early on - I think most people probably did - it's too hard to fool us any more.

There will be three direct to DVD movies (I think there's supposed to be three - I know for sure there's two which I think have already been filmed.)

I am going to miss Daniel. And I'm not really happy with all the changes at Atlantis - nothing against Carter but I don't see how they can pull that off without negatively impacting the other characters. Maybe they'll surprise me.

I have some harsh words I would like to say about the 'ending'. It reminds me of the 'ending' Enterprise had. It could have been a whole lot better, and I only hope the movies tie up everything... I remember watching the Stargate movie with my dad on the few times I got to see him while I was a kid. Then, when it became a show, me and him would watch it. I would get some of the jokes back then, I get most of them now. It was one of the few things me and my dad shared. It's sad to see it end, and I only hope the movies bring the fitting end to this show. What aired last night does not do this show justice.

I agree with Picard that I would rather have more things tied up in a finale. Since there will be movies, and Atlantis will continue, I guess they felt justified in ending it as they did - maybe there is a master plan in all this. :laugh:

I agree that care must be taken in introducing Carter to Atlantis, though she did appear as a hallucination previously.

Kor, maybe if you watched some SG1 on DVD it would grow on you. They have Trek references that I think you'd enjoy.

They still should have named the ship Enterprise! :laugh: After all there is one ship in the Navy with that name and other is with NASA. :laugh:

Edited by Odie

Kor, maybe if you watched some SG1 on DVD it would grow on you. They have Trek references that I think you'd enjoy.

Sir, you can't name it the Enterprise.

Oh boy... I remember that!!! SG1 is more of a comedy then Sci-Fi. There was one were Jack and T'lec get trapped in a 8 hour time loop for at least 4 months... Every time I see it I laugh at Jack golfing through the Stargae!

Sir, you can't name it the Enterprise.

Oh boy... I remember that!!! SG1 is more of a comedy then Sci-Fi. There was one were Jack and T'lec get trapped in a 8 hour time loop for at least 4 months... Every time I see it I laugh at Jack golfing through the Stargae!

That was a great episode! Jack and T'ealc also teach themselves to juggle, which cracks me up. And of course Jack figures out he can pretty much do whatever he wants to, because the day will repeat again, and there will be no consequences for his previous actions. Holy Groundhogs Day, Batman!

Edited by trekz

I have every episode on dvd..(not payed for) *sush*..lol

But i must admit i miss it and with atlantis still not airing i have very little to watch these days,i have heard they plan to make 2 films that they will release on dvd but dont quote me on it,as for the Season Finale i didnt think it was that good except one episode where they do the cross over to trek and farscape..that was funny.

Fav Jack quote.."arent you listening...Nintendos pass threw everything" :yahoo:

Edited by hangon

I've tried very hard to like Stargate. I've attempted to watch several episodes but have always gotten bored halfway through. I realize I'm in the minority here but I just can't get into the show.

Thats because you are not a ds9 fan kor. The humour in stargate is very similar to ds9.

Thats because you are not a ds9 fan kor. The humour in stargate is very similar to ds9.

I'm not a DS9 fan??? :yahoo: I think I've proven in all my posts on the subject that I'm a HUGE DS9 fan! Its my favorite Trek series after TOS!!!

Kor, if you don't watch any other ep of SG1 - you should get the Season Six ep called "The Other Guys" - that is one of my favorite humor eps as well as "Window of Opportunity" but has a great scene for Trek fans.

I didn't much care for the ending either. As a regular episode, I thought it was fine, but as a Series Finale..not so much.

Technically it wasn't the series finale - they have three movies to go.

I didn't much care for the ending either. As a regular episode, I thought it was fine, but as a Series Finale..not so much.

Yes it was. It's end of the TV Series. As you said, they have movies coming up, which will not be counted as episodes. :roflmao:

Yes it was. It's end of the TV Series. As you said, they have movies coming up, which will not be counted as episodes. :roflmao:

Which is irrelevant SG1 hasn't finale-ed - it still has a future.