Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Park's 'Raines' Premieres on NBC Tonight

Wow...a real rarity. A Star Trek actor who finds life after Trek....excluding conventions.... :mad1:

Wow...a real rarity. A Star Trek actor who finds life after Trek....excluding conventions.... :mad1:

Conner Trineer has been working on Stargate Atlantis since Enterprise ceased production.

But you're right, they seem to have trouble finding work after Trek.

Don't forget the actors who guest starred in one or two episodes of Star Trek, and now go to conventions for money :)

Don't forget the actors who guest starred in one or two episodes of Star Trek, and now go to conventions for money :)

Sadly, I'd probably do the exact same thing. That and watch the fans go ga-ga over my presence. :)

I really thought Kor was joking. Obviously Shatner and Stewart have done well; and Mulgrew has done well in theatre if not onscreen. While many Trek actors were unheard of before and after Trek - several others were well recognized including Bakula and Mulgrew.

Others, Frakes, Burton, McNeill, Dawson have moved behind the camera - common with actors in many series besides Trek. I was watching an old ep of VOY and saw it was directed by "Potsie".

Trinneer has certainly given a terrific performance on Atlantis (probably the best guest role Atlantis has had) but Robert Picardo also has a recurring role on the both SG series and has done a terrific job.

As for Park - I think I saw her before I fell asleep

As for Park - I think I saw her before I fell asleep

Hmmm....thats an interesting review of the new series... :mad1:

Honestly, I didn't know that Trinnear was on Stargate. I never watch any of those shows. Good for him. I guess I was thinking about people like Koenig,Nichols,Takei, Sirtis, etc....who seem to make their living off Trek cons. Obviously, the big stars of the series have all done well like Shatner and Nimoy. Plus the others who were already fairly well known before Trek like Stewart( Shakespeare), Mulgrew (Kate Columbo), Picardo (Wonder Years, China Beach) and Bakula( Quantum Leap).