I thought we were past this.

I have told him look past the wrapping

and look at the content inside.

this could be a or could turn into

a nasty Thread.

not what i want.

Why does color matter we are all human

and when the lights are off do we not look the same

I don't think color matters. I think your friend should at least go on one date with the girl to get to know her, because if he's into her enough, hopefully he won't mind the fact that she's Asian.

There's still the odd insane person who can't see past exteriors, like colour of skin or tattoo's, and see the inner beauty of a person.

I want the rest of the story - why are you hassling this guy to go out with her anyway - is she pursuing him? are you a friend of hers? Sometimes when people are hassled about going out with someone they simply come up with a "reason" so the person will leave them alone?

Should people should be required to date everyone that pursues them whether they were interested or not? I used to get so mad at busybodies that were always trying to tell me who I should date.

How does everyone know this person has "inner beauty" maybe he's met her and doesn't like her - and is just using being Asian as an excuse; if this a line up what other things does he know about her other than her genetic heritage?

I am curious - would you be as critical if rather than her race she was 20, 50 or 100 pounds overweight? Would "inner beauty" still matter.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I am curious - would you be as critical if rather than her race she was 20, 50 or 100 pounds overweight? Would "inner beauty" still matter.

Physical fitness and caring about one's appearance are often signs of inner beauty. I'm not saying a girl has to be a model but if she doesn't care enough about herself to make the outside presentable then I can only imagine what the inside looks like.

To ask someone out on a date usually implys that there is some physical attraction involved. If you are not physically attracted to a person, chances are you won't be asking them out. This has nothing to do with whether the person has "inner beauty" or what nationality he/she is. For example, I have a few friends that are Oriental. However, I've never been attracted to Oriental people. Its not that I'm prejudiced against them. I'm just not physically attracted to them. I wouldn't ask them out on a date but I sure would be friends with them.

When I was single I dated to have fun, I can tell you that it is always the inner person that comes out after awhile. No matter how they look on the outside the inside will determine if they are fun. As a teenager I was interested in an Asian girl, I was told her parents would not let her date outside her race. I was told they believed other races to be inferior. I never knew if that was true or not, but if left me with a strange feeling for a long time.

Physical fitness and caring about one's appearance are often signs of inner beauty. I'm not saying a girl has to be a model but if she doesn't care enough about herself to make the outside presentable then I can only imagine what the inside looks like.

Being overweight is not the same as not caring about your appearance - some overweight people dress immaculately, hair and make-up are always perfect but there are genetic and health reasons that some people have weight problems.

On the other hand - I've often found people who devote too much attention to their appearance to be selfish and vain.