Sign in to follow this  
Tench745

Suggestion for a new Forum

I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a discussion zone for all the fan films out there (New Voyages, Intrepid, Starship Exeter, etc). Something along the same lines as the Star Trek: TOS, DS9, VOY, etc. forums. Just a thought, I didn't see anything for that specificly, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Well, we do talk about the stuff put out by the NewVoyages group every once in awhile. Why not start a thread about it and let us know about all of the groups out there doing fan films?

Alright, these are all the fan film series I can find in the works with websites that load. Accompanying the links is a brief description of each series setting and anything els particularly notable about them. (I may have a few inaccuracies, so feel free to correct me if anyone knows.)

ST: Hathaway TNG era Constellation class

Starship Exeter TOS era Constitution class (production is stalled on

Act II of their second film.)

Starship Farragut TOS era Constitution class (working with New Voyages)

Dark Armada VOY era Nova class (non-canon)

ST: Excalibur TOS era Constitution class

ST: Hidden Fronteir around VOY era Multiple classes (Mostly green screen)

ST: Intrepid VOY era Intrepid class (not finished)

Starship Lexington TOS era Constitution class refit

ST: Legacy TOS and TNG era Constitution and Galaxy class (I'm not sure how much headway is being made on this, they may have given up.)

And of course... ST: New Voyages TOS cont. Constitutuion class (leading fan film)

Edited by Tench745

While the acting is pretty cheesy, you have to admit that they (for the most part) do a decent job on their stuff.

When you consider that they're not working with a big budget (as in virtually no money whatsoever), they put out a fairly good product. One of them (New Voyages) is made here in New York State about an hour north of Albany.

Actually, most of the acting I've seen improves admirably by the second episode. (New Voyages took a little longer with the pilot episode and all.) Actually, New Voyages was featured in an Adirondacks magazine. Since I'm a New Yorker, and technical theater major, I'd like to help with an episode or something, but I don't have the assets to get there even if they'd let me.

Actually, most of the acting I've seen improves admirably by the second episode. (New Voyages took a little longer with the pilot episode and all.) Actually, New Voyages was featured in an Adirondacks magazine. Since I'm a New Yorker, and technical theater major, I'd like to help with an episode or something, but I don't have the assets to get there even if they'd let me.

You're from B-Ville????

I'm originally from Auburn, now living in Seneca County.

Small World. :mad1:

I think the acting and production values from the NewVoyages group improves with every episode. Even though they are based in New York, I believe I read where most of the work is done in California.

I think the acting and production values from the NewVoyages group improves with every episode. Even though they are based in New York, I believe I read where most of the work is done in California.

You are correct. Some of the work is done is California and some in Upstate NY. I think that the CGI is done in UNY.