Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Favourite City in the World

Seeing how I've never been west of Texas or out of the US I'll have to give my favorite City in the Eastern USA.

I think I have to go with Orlando, not that it's especially great but I had a good time there the couple times I was there. If I lived there I know I'd have a different view of it though.

A few others I liked are (In no order):

College Park, Md

Washington D.C.

Augusta, Ga

San Antonio, Tx

Virginia Beach,Va

Norfolk, Va

And I'm sure there's a few others I'm leaving out.

My favorite city is Charlotte,NC another fav of mine is CHapel Hill,NC. My least favorite city is San Diego,CA.

San Francisco.I go to Fisherman's Wharf several times a year and I always have a great time.There's just so much to do.And most of the people you meet are very friendly,unlike down in Los Angeles.New Orleans is also wonderful.I haven't been to too many other big cities. B)

I think I have to go with Orlando, not that it's especially great but I had a good time there the couple times I was there. If I lived there I know I'd have a different view of it though.

Orlando can be a lot of fun. My dad used to work there as a musician for most weekends. I also went there for gymnastics competitions(most wonderful time in Orlando was the 1998 AAU Age Group Women's Gymnastics Championships..I placed in the top ten in three events and the All Around! Disney's Wild World Of Sports Complex is awesome! B) :bow::bow: :( B) B) B) :( ) The theme parks are pretty cool.(Personal favorites: is The Boardwalk of Nations at Epcot,Tower of Terror at MGM-could go on that ride all day! :( , And most of the rides at Disney). One of these days I really want to go to Animal Kingdom, I saw a special of that on thr Travel Channel.

Hmmm, St. Augustine is a historical town(my hometown for over 21 years), but not my favorite....

My favorites that I have been to(that I am old enough to remember): St. Petersburg, Russia(went there and several other cities when I was 13)

Washington DC(eek! love the Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian, and the Library of Congress!Went there when I was 2, 13, and 17)

Asheville, NC(and surrounding areas, family skiing trip-Sugar Mtn in 1990, very fond of the Blue Ridge Mtns! :) )

Helen, GA(awesome place!)

hmm, there are others...but I might add them later

I don't really have a favorite city...but the ones I enjoy visiting the most are Gatlingburg, TN; Myrtle Beach, SC; and Norfolk, VA. I also enjoyed the harbor area of Baltimore while I was there and the DC area.

As a Washingtonian (DC) myself, I'm going with my native city... never a dull moment.

Where else can you get TractorMan? Or snakefish?

I also liked Taormina (might have misspelled that) in Sicily.

Lana'i City, Hawai'i, also has some interesting moments in school board campaigning-- they take it quite seriously.

And I love the island of Nevis, and Norfolk, and Williamstown/North Adams/Bennington, MA/VT-- Sunshine, Chrysalis, MassMoCA and Farmer Wade, anyone?

So many great places... I'm going to go with DC, in the end.

I am not a world traveler ... nor have I visited a lot of US cities. Then there is the issue that visiting a city is different than living in it.

I have lived in two state capitals and the US capital (the VA suburbs actually). DC is terrific because there is a always something to do but the traffic overhwhelmed me in the end. VBG - I hear traffic is now just as bad in Orlando.

There are places like St. Augustine, FL. Park City, UT and Jackson Hole, WY that have historical flavor and are interesting to visit but I can't say what it would be like to live there, partly because of the tourist element. But for cities to visit I would say it would be DC.

The best place to live...that would be difficult....I'd say small town. I truly hate traffic and crowds.

Tallahassee was a city with a lot of small town flavor - I thought it had charm and I loved access to FSU sponsored events. I would definitely still live there if it hadn't been so far from my family.

However, Salt Lake City gets a vote because I like the way the streets are laid out. I know it drives some people crazy (those that didn't like Algebra) but the streets are laid out on a grid - like an x/y axis and the addresses are coordinates ex: 350 East 440 North or 3100 South 1829 East (These are examples I have no idea what these addresses are - if anything) Salt Lake also had a resident ballet, opera and symphony and an abundance of cultural events which, unlike DC, were affordable. Unfortunately I don't like snow and I missed the East. But I sure miss that grid layout.

ive been around a little bit, i enjoy LA, OAK, SF, ORLANDO, WILDWOOD NJ, id like to see a few others, never been out of the U.S. but i would love to go to IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, and to see some WWII spots, such as OMAHA BEACH, and other. but as for favorite city that ive been too. NORFOLK VA, and surrounding area, VIRGINIA BEACH, and such. i love it down there. just got home from there tonight, and am going back again friday for a week. its soooooo much better than NY, BINGHAMTON.

My favorite city in the world is Amsterdam!! I love that town!!! I can go to the Bulldog Coffee shop,get a cup of coffee and a chunk of hashish,sit back and smoke the hash,sip the coffee and enjoy the day. For me,thats paradise!2Thumbs.gif