Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

The Opening Sequence

isn't it similar to the model that young Archer painted in the premiere?

:dude: Excellent possibility Jack_Bauer! Next time I view BB I will pay closer attention of the credit ship and the toy.

I've wondered that myself, I don't believe it's ever (yet) been explained. It looks to be a class of ship that comes before the NX-01 I would guess a Warp 3 or Warp 4 ship. The nacelles are more attached to the saucer section then the NX-01 or any other class of ship we've seen so far. If I recall right it comes after Cochrane's ship but before the NX-01. Right?

After watching that clip three time's I am not so convinced they are the same but I need better quality to say for sure. Thanks for trying :bow:

:dude:

That quality made a big difference, :dude: on the model there are "engines" simular to to the credit ship but, the credit ship has 2 additional "glows" on the right and left side of the fore mentioned engines which are missing on the model. Also, the pylons on the credit ship are longer and more upwardly curved.

That quality made a big difference, :dude:  on the model there are "engines" simular to to the credit ship but, the credit ship has 2 additional "glows" on the right and left side of the fore mentioned engines which are missing on the model. Also, the pylons on the credit ship are longer and more upwardly curved.

I had noticed the upward curve too, but it's hard to tell from the short clip in the credits. Like I said though, I also think the credits ship has a saucer and the model doesn't.

According to Bernd Scheinder of EAS (from memory), it is a prototype of the NX-class vessel (capable of less than (or possibly) warp 5.