Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Starfleet Uniforms

What's your favorite Starfleet uniform and why?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Starfleet uniform and why?

• ENT uniforms
    • TOS uniforms
    • The Motion Picture uniforms
    • Wrath of Khan through Undiscovered Country uniforms
    • TNG (seasons 1-2) uniforms
    • TNG (seasons 3-7) uniforms
    • DS9 (seasons 1-5)/VOY uniforms
    • DS9 (seasons 5-7)/First Contact through Nemesis uniforms
    • Mirror Universe uniforms from "[URL=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TOS/episode/68738.html]Mirror, Mirror[/URL]" (TOS)
    • Future uniforms from "[URL=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/TNG/detail/68660.html]All Good Things...[/URL]" (TNG)
    • Future uniforms from "[URL=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/VOY/detail/119967.html]Endgame[/URL]" (VOY)
    • Other (specify)

I tried to think of all of them. I might have missed a few, and if I've missed your favorite, just vote "other" and be sure to jot it down in a reply. I think that the "Endgame" and the "All Good Things..." uniforms look the same, but I wasn't sure if they were the same or not. I put both of them up just to be safe. ^-^

My vote goes for the DS9/VOY uniforms.

First of all, they look great. They have a good amount of black and a good amount of color. I think that the DS9/movies VIII-X uniforms have way too little color. While I like the TOS uniforms, I think the DS9/VOY's are a little better because they don't blast you with a lot of very bright color. The colors on the DS9/VOY uniforms are a little darker. I like the gray turtleneck and the way the wearer can choose to zip the jacket all of the way up or only part of the way.

Secondly, they look comfortable. I just love the TNG (later seasons) uniforms, but they look quite uncomfortable. Picard and others are always pulling the jackets down and trying to adjust them. I also like the ENT uniforms, but they look like they would be hard to get out of if you needed a bathroom break. The DS9/movies VIII-X uniforms have so many layers that look so thick that they probably keep the temperature on the ships very low so that the crew doesn't burn up. The DS9/VOY just look easy and comfortable. They don't look like they'd be too hot or too cold. I think they almost look like pajamas. I love wearing pajamas all day (any day I can get away with it) and I think these uniforms would be very nice to wear.

What are your thoughts?

The uniforms on Enterprise look a lot more comfortable than the uniforms on the other shows,especially those bulky red nightmares that Kirk and crew wore in a majority of the TOS movies.I guess,the TNG,DS9,Voyager uniforms wouldn't have been too bad,but they didn't have pockets and didn't look as good. :dude:

I like the nautical look that st II- ST VI. My second fav is the Enterprise uniforms, I love the pockets. On a side note I own both replicas of the original and first contact uniforms they're great.

I love the uniforms from Star Trek:The Motion Picture.It looked like everybody aboard the Enterprise and at Starfleet headquarters was having one big pajama party!I personally liked Decker's uniform.Great color.And the big belt-buckle type monitors were a great accessory!Uhura looked mighty fine in her uniform with that big ol' afro.I just love everything about the film...uniforms,hairstyles,everything. :dude:

This was a tough choice.. I like the 'Mirror, Mirror' uniforms because they are different and they have that cool Gold sash around the waist..I also like The 'Enterprise' uniforms with all those useful pockets..And I came real, real close to voting for 'The Motion Picture' uniforms..I like them alot..But I did vote for the 'DS9/Voy' uniforms..I like the color schemes and the zippered collar with the different colored material underneath...

Wow that was a hard decision. It was hard to choose from the ST:11 - VI uniforms. They were incredibly detailed. A very "rich" and realistic uniform. I also love the modern uniforms. (for example: Nemesis) They just look so good. The material looks very good, not at all like pajamas. I also love the color scheme. Just enough color to indicate position. The TNG, TOS, and VOY uniforms do not need that much color. It has no purpose and it doesn't seem very militaristic. Seems more like a cartoon with those. The ENT uniforms are also quite fantastic. They have lots of color but it is mostly a dark color (the blue part) so that it doesn't stand out too much. The zippers and all that are cool. But I chose the later DS9 uniform! Another uniform that I think is interesting is the 29th century starfleet uniform. I wouldn't want to see them in a show but they are cool nonetheless. Also, I wish the VOY unforms were like the later DS9 ones, or at least made out of the same materials.

This was a tough decision for me. I always liked the early TNG uniforms from season 1 and 2 because they looked so great and were sooo tight :dude::bow:

But I voted for the First Contact - Nemesis uniforms because I like them a little, but only a LITTLE better than the early TNG ones... :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I liked the uniforms from st 2 to 6 I just allways liked the look of them the way each rank had a different pin not just pips and that extra flap that would open in the front so kirk could get blood on it

I had to choose DS9 (seasons 5-7)/First Contact through Nemesis uniforms because well u just have to look at them to know. :bow:

:dude:

I voted for the late TNG ones. But, it was a hard choice, I find the late DS9 ones to dull with the gray. The VOY/DS9 ones are nice and so are the enterprise ones with pockets to put your stuff in and the caps are cool. The early TNG ones aren’t so good because they did the actor’s backs in.

I HAD to chose the DS9 5-7 ones. They look so professional, suave and suit the new moods and circumstances that the Federation had to deal with. They actually look like proper, real uniforms.

The TNG/VOY ones...Look so cartoony and so much like pajamas. Now, I like pajamas, but I wouldn't want to be wearing them whilst facing off the Dominion in a bitter life-or-death struggle or such...

I voted for the red, white, and black uniforms featured in STII-VI. The tailored jackets looked great on both the men and the women, and I liked the rank pins. The only thing I didn't like about them was the red stripe running down the side of the pants. Reminded me of a band uniform I had to wear in grade school!

I nulled mine. So many of them are very similar to some and very diffent for others. It makes a hard choice. But the one's I like the most are the newer ones, DS9/VOY/Movies :assimilated:

I liked the 2nd TNG uniforms also. I have not seen Nemesis ( although I know that Data dies) but in general have preferred the series' uniforms over the movies' uniforms.