Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Skinny Women Blamed For Train Delays

Breakin' News | Skinny Women Hurt Trains

Bryan Smith, ZUMA Press

Subway late? Blame the lady wearing a size 0.

These women -- many fainting during the morning rush hour due to crash diets -- have been a leading cause of subway delays in the past year, according to MTA personnel.

"Sick customer," MTA-speak for a subway delay caused by an ill passenger, was the No. 3 cause of disruptions between October 2005 and October 2006, an analysis of agency statistics shows.

"You have women trying to get their bodies tight for the summer and they won¹t eat," said Asim Nelson, a Transit emergency medical technician based in Grand Central Station. "Not eating for three or four days, you are going to go down. If you don¹t eat for 12 hours you are going to get weak."

How stupid is this???? :yucky::clap::clap:

Unfortunately for women - the message is always - if you want to get asked out - if you want the raise, promotion or even get hired to begin with etc you need to be "beautiful" which is always defined by being underweight. Find a woman who ignores society's demands and you'll find someone considered an outsider or loser by those in power. I do admire those women like Kate Winslet who thinks America needs to get a grip. I also wish more women would just say forget you and pass the butter - if e.

We may think them stupid but who's fault is it really that American women have to starve themselves to be accepted?

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

How very, very true! American society wants our women to be super thin! Sickly thin the better. Look at the clebs in Hollywood! They are too thin in my opinion. I do not want be that thin, because it is just as unhealthy as being overweight.

It is very sad. I have also seen women get sick bacause they did not dress properly for the weather. What it says to me is that women should stop letting society tell them what to do. Try to be your own person. Also, stop following fads. Most are really stupid.

Also, heals are really bad for your feet. Try wearing something sensible. Your feet will last longer.

My poor grandmother totally destroyed her feet because she had to wear heals that were the wrong size.

I think the dumbest part of this story is the Subway trying to blame their delays on skinny women!

I wish America would do a reversal on the "skinny is sexy" thing. Skinny is not sexy. If I can see your ribs, I will see you going out the door.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see stampedes of morbidly obese women running around, but I don't want to see human twigs flying across the street like tumbleweed, either.

Retro pin-up girls... That's what they should look like. :yucky: Women like Betty Page and Marilyn Monroe. Properly rounded, yet still feminine, and you couldn't see things that shouldn't be visible, even when they're naked.