Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Vulcan Day

Vulcan Day

I once said in the Star Trek Trivia forum that I might host another kind of session besides just trivia. In the future I might have a session for Trek News or maybe the Klingon Embassy, but right now that would be a negative

But here is a different session that I may host - Vulcan Day

On August 23 it is Vulcan Day!

The Vulcan Holiday use to celebrate the Roman god of fire. (Vulcan was also referred to as Hephaestus the son of Hera & Zeus)

But for our purposes we are not celebrating Hephaestus (or fire... for that matter) we are going to celebrate that famous alien culture on a show called “Star Trek”

This session will of course be casual / non-formal.

Side Note:

The 23rd is also the day where I will be hosting Trivia in the chat room, but I will make our Vulcan Day celebration concord with a reasonable schedule.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

On the twenty-third I’ll be sure to post a topic in Trek News and all of that.

It seems that I got your endorsement Alterego . . . . we could (we probably would also need the endorsement from VBG) officially claim that August 23 is an official holiday of StarTrekFans.net (lol).

Also, for the chat room we are going to need to work out a time

Master Q

Well yeah MQ, a Trivia Chat celebrating Vulcans is worthy of our endorsement, I'm anxious for it.

A StarTrekFans.Net Official Holiday sounds cool to, as long as it doesn't mean a day of not coming here! :laugh: What do you say VBG?

MQ, hasn't 4:00pm eastern been working out as a good time for the Trivia Chat?

Well yeah MQ, a Trivia Chat celebrating Vulcans is worthy of our endorsement, I'm anxious for it.

A StarTrekFans.Net Official Holiday sounds cool to, as long as it doesn't mean a day of not coming here!  :laugh: What do you say VBG?

MQ, hasn't 4:00pm eastern been working out as a good time for the Trivia Chat?

Well, I was thinking separate sessions originally. As I stated:

Side Note:

The 23rd is also the day where I will be hosting Trivia in the chat room, but I will make our Vulcan Day celebration concord with a reasonable schedule.

Master Q

Sounds like a good idea to me. Just get with me in a PM and we can try to work out a good time. Just remember that Saturdays are the day with the most chat activity scheduled already so we will have to work the time around the ones that are already scheduled.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Just get with me in a PM and we can try to work out a good time.  Just remember that Saturdays are the day with the most chat activity scheduled already so we will have to work the time around the ones that are already scheduled.

Before I send you a PM I would first like some input from everyone on some good times.

Master Q

omg, why do I also miss the fun things? :dude: I'm always on vacation or something when something cool happens like chat trivia or day like this. I just got back from a trip with my family and now I'm really bummed. oh well so was it fun? Thats sounded like a great idea, oh well, I'll just have to wait for the next one.

omg, why do I also miss the fun things? :dude: I'm always on vacation or something when something cool happens like chat trivia or day like this.  I just got back from a trip with my family and now I'm really bummed. oh well so was it fun? Thats sounded like a great idea, oh well, I'll just have to wait for the next one.

Trekkergirl220, it was soooo much fun. However, I must deny everything I might have said during the Vulcan Day celebration. (Who's idea was it to put beer in the chatroom anyway?? :P )

Ah, just keep it. Might as well just refill it for the next Trek holiday....What is that, anyway??

It has been a few weeks, but I hope everyone had a good time.

Another special session that I will be hosting in about a month from now (yes I know, but I’ll mention it now) is one for Halloween. Truthfully I don’t care for Halloween that much, but I’ll still host a special session for it. When we get closer to that date I’ll be sure to post a topic in here concerning it.

For another “Star Trek Holiday” I don’t know . . . . I guess I could make something up for a future date

Master Q

It has been a few weeks, but I hope everyone had a good time.

Another special session that I will be hosting in about a month from now (yes I know, but I’ll mention it now) is one for Halloween. Truthfully I don’t care for Halloween that much, but I’ll still host a special session for it. When we get closer to that date I’ll be sure to post a topic in here concerning it.

For another “Star Trek Holiday” I don’t know . . . . I guess I could make something up for a future date

Master Q

As for Halloween I am definitely a big fan of that holiday, cause it is my birthday.

Well, it is October so I guess I'll arrange a time where we can have a special Halloween session in the chat room. It still is a while off, but it won't hurt to schedule it ahead of time. We will probably just have it at 11:00 PM (ET) or maybe earlier.

Master Q