Do you plan to watch this  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to watch this

• No, I am a fan of the original series, listened to Olmos
    • Yes, I am a fan of the original series forget Olmos
    • No, never saw the original don't want to see this
    • Yes, never saw the original but this looks good
    • Any other option I've overlooked

I saw the previews to this and it is definitely going to be different than the original series. I don't know how I'll take to a female starbuck but the basic plot looks the same. Actually from the previews it look like it might have even more depth. I'll watch it because I can't pass up epic SciFi.

*and yes I probably have spent too much time with the SciFi channel this weekend.

I'm looking forward to it. I was a big fan of Battlestar Galactica when it was on before. I saw the preview last friday night too right before Stargate and it looked pretty cool. It kinda sucks we have to wait until December to see it,so I hope it will be worth the wait.

Yes, I was a big fan of the original Battlestar Galactica and I plan on watching this new series. I'm excited about it..It should be good..

WITH A RESOUNDING YES!!! i loved the original, and i love sci-fi space fights. with whats going to be a few difference to say the least, it still looks like it will be good, as a show of its own, but because of these diffeences i dont think it can REALLY be BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. with a few of the character genders changed, and a few plots being different, such as the cylons were a creation of their own, instead of an entirely different race, and whatever else they changed. i just wish that they would've went with HATCH's ideas for the show instead, he was apollo, in the original. but it still looks good as a show. ill stop flowing from the mouth now.

I will have to watch it just to see if its good and if people like it make it into a show at least then the si fi channel can have more good shows on.

I loved the original as well. at least the first 10 episodes or so before it fell into the network morass. I loved the idea of an aircraft carrier in space. I won't make judgements on the mini-series until I see it but from what I've seen on the teasers I get a feeling that this is going to be far better than the original.

Yep, gonna watch it. It looks really good. I watched the original faithfully, even (blushes) after they ruined it by getting to Earth. Geez I'm too easy, but hey, that was before TNG and there wasn't hardly any Scifi on TV, much less good Scifi.

Actually my favorite ep was the one where they explained what happened to Starbuck. It was really beautiful and really sad.

A female Starbuck? I wonder what that will do to the Starbuck/Apollo relationship? Could be really interesting.

Actually my favorite ep was the one where they explained what happened to Starbuck.  It was really beautiful and really sad.

Are you talking about the second series which had a different cast? I never saw that...what happened to Starbuck? other than joining the A-Team

What happened to Starbuck:

Click for Spoiler:

He got stranded on a deserted planet with a broken Cylon. He fixes the Cylon for company. A strange alien woman shows up and he falls in love with her. They have a child and she has to leave the planet. I don't remember very clearly how, but their child is the one who helps the fleet find Earth. In the end the cylon dies and she leaves and he's left all alone for the rest of his life.

What happened to Starbuck:

Click for Spoiler:

He got stranded on a deserted planet with a broken Cylon.  He fixes the Cylon for company.  A strange alien woman shows up and he falls in love with her.  They have a child and she has to leave the planet.  I don't remember very clearly how, but their child is the one who helps the fleet find Earth.  In the end the cylon dies and she leaves and he's left all alone for the rest of his life.

Yep, that was sad.

i watched GALACTICA 1980 as well. but im sure that now adays, i would never have watched it. it was an abomination to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. they should've just brought back the full old cast and started where they left off again, instead of that crap they called a show. but whatcha gonna do