Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

The Scifi Channel

Does this network show some of the absolutely worst movies ever made? On the one hand they do great things like Taken and Dune and then have weekends dedicated to single star movies. Makes no sense

I've noticed that too.And have you also noticed they have shown films and TV shows that are not even what I would consider Sci-Fi. For example last week they showed the film "Village of the Damned" which to me is more of a horror flick that a sci-fi one,and they have these shows liked Crossing Over and Scare Tactics that are certainly not sci-fi.

they need to stick with sci-fi and only sci-fi. Like you said,shows films like "Taken" and "Dune" are perfect for this network.They need to do make more films like that for the Sci-Fi Channel.

yeah since day one, ive always thougth that "the sci-fi, horror channel" would be more appropriate, for some of what they show. but i do like the sci-fi aspect of it. most of the one star crap movies they show are just that crap, but some are ok to watch.

The Sci-Fi Channel Has Gone To Crap. <_<

The Only New Shows I watch are Stargate SG-1 and Tremors.

I used to watch Farscape before they ended it :lol:

And they usually run Babylon 5 while I'm still asleep or if I am up at the time..I dont feel like any TV.

And Just When I Started Getting Into Lexx From The Reruns, they tak it off too.

and I think they show Star Trek at 2 in morning here.

I'd like to see them play more shows like Sliders, Star Trek and Quantum Leap. Good shows that are Sci-Fi.

I've gotten to the point that Star Trek is the only reason I turn the Sci-Fi channel on anymore.

i still like sci-fi channel, but when it first started they showed sooooo many old programs that you couldnt see anywhere else, even in prime time. but slowly they started changeing that. but i still like stargate, tremors, i like catching B-5 and EXCALIBUR sometime too.

I've been meaning to start a thread on the Sci-Fi channel but I was too slow.. The SF channel is a piece of crap now. when it originaly airesed they use to show old vintage SF sereies that I has nver seen before. They also use to show old SF stoons in the morning and anime on saturday mornings. Now all of that is gone and they show mini marathons through the week. Plus since when is BraveHeart a SF movie? The only shows I watch are SG1 and TOS. I really think the channel is being run by well trained chimps now, that's the only explanation.

I have to agree the old show were great evey once in awhile i catch buck rogers and thats cool but they had sliders on at 7am right when i got home from work and then all of a sudden its infomerschels and i was going to start taping it i guess they thought that playing reruns of some shows were getting old but not it you rotate it show sliders for its full run than say play buck rogers or battlestar

I have to agree the old show were great evey once in awhile i catch buck rogers and thats cool but they had sliders on at 7am right when i got home from work and then all  of a sudden its infomerschels and i was going to start taping it i guess they thought that playing reruns of some shows were getting old but not it you rotate it show sliders for its full run than say play buck rogers or battlestar

well i must say i agree completely. they used to do that with the shows. run a show through its completion, then move on to the next. they would go through a circle of shows, ans start back where they were again. but alas those days seem to be gone.

The Sci-Fi Channel Has Gone To Crap.  :laugh:

Hear Hear!!! I used to love the Sci-Fi channel! They used to show classic sci-fi TV series from the 50's and 60's..the original Twilight Zone and Outer Limits along with Night Gallery, as well as a rare gem which I haven't seen before or since, One Step Beyond. Maybe these shows fit the "horror" genre rather than science fiction, but I loved to watch them in the middle of the night! Now the channel shows cheapie "B" junk.