Faith Of The Heart

Which version is best?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which version is best?

• Russell Watson's Enterprise Theme
    • Rod Stewart's Original Version
    • I like both equally
    • I dislike both equally

I like the Russell Watson version sooooo much better than Rod Stewart's version. I like Russell Watson's voice better for this song but I also think the arrangement is much better too.

Definately the Russell Watson version. I like his voice much better on this song. I had never heard Rod Stewart sing this song before. I'm not a big Rod fan and truthfully I couldn't listen to the whole song by Rod.. I didn't like it..I can listen to Russell Watson sing it over and over again..

Even though I don't like Enterprise,I do feel Russell Watson's "Faith of the Heart" is the absolute finest theme music any Trek series has ever had.You can't not like this song.It stirs something down deep inside of you,and the images that accompany the music really compliment the music.I love this theme song and really,really want to buy the Ent CD just to get it. :laugh:

Well I like both of them equally. But I have to agree, the ENT theme is almost the best theme ever (I only like TNG theme better :laugh: ).

I also enjoy the lyrics very much.

Mrs. Captain Picard

i voted watson's version, but i like stewarts. watson's is just soooo much better. i also have to say that it is the absolute best startrek theme, with DS9 coming in second. it does reach down and stir something inside of me. it is a great song.

I like (and voted) Russell Watson's Enterprise Theme the best but if Rods version came on the radio or something I would not cover my ears and run away screaming. <_<

I like the Russell Watson version sooooo much better than Rod Stewart's version.  I like Russell Watson's voice better for this song but I also think the arrangement is much better too.

You said it Takara!

As I have said before and will contiue to say I dislike the song mabe because when patch adams was out( rods song was in that movie) I worked at a movie theater but I still don't think it should have been but in a star trek show I would love to have enterprise with a song like the other shows with bacula doing an intro

Here's  the Enterprise version and the Original version.

Song #1 is The Enterprise theme, Song #2 is Rod Stewart's original version.

Is it possible to download the songs?

Unforteunately I do not have a soundcard in this PC.

Both Rod Stewart and Russel Watson's verison of that damn song are crap... Because it's a crappy song no way around that fact. What needs to be used to replace is possibly one of the most self indulgent and over the top reworkings of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony ever to be record. Rainbow's "Diffcult To Cure" a high voltage infusion of rock and classical music that is mind blowing. The best verison being the live recording from the final Rainbow album Final Vinyl. Recorded in japan with the japanese national symphony in support of Ritchie Blackmore's brilliant guitar power playing( :) ). This is the song for Enterprise's theme. It's of course 11.05 minutes long to so maybe just one small section should be used.

:)

Later

I think Rod Stewart is definitely the better singer, but the arrangement on Russels version is better.. But I voted for good old Rod..