• Data's Day
    • Hero Worship
    • Time's Arrow
    • Fistful of Datas
    • Descent
    • Phantasms
    • Thine Own Self

I thought I would torture my Soong sisters by making them choose. :devil:

So everyone (not just Soongs), which is your favourite and why?

I have to go with The Offspring. This episode does a good job of showing the best of Data's human side while still staying true to the fact that he is an android. Johnathen Frakes is such a good director and this was the first episode he did. The end is soo sad also, it makes me want to cry.. :lol:

My second choice would be A Fist Full of Data's, but that's only because I love Worf as a cowboy!

I love Data's Data because you get to see so many different things and him with jsut about everyone. I also LOVE that goffy expression that is on his face when he calls up the blond dance partner. I CANNNOT help but laugh out loud even thinking about this look.

Oh, i feel so tourtured AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH having to choose just one AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT IS JUST NO FAIR,TAKARA!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO PICK ONLY ONE!!! :wow:

Actually, I did choose.....The Offspring, probably one of the best episodes of ALL of TNG, not to mention Data episodes.

For second (all tied): Measure of A Man, Brothers, Datalore, & Data's Day.

Close third-Descent pts 1 & 2, oh heck, I think they ALL are tied in 2nd behind The Offspring..

And I noticed you left off In Theory, the one with Data's ex-girlfriend Jenna D'Sora. But, I figured one of two things were the reason....A) you forgot or B)Jenna D'Sora :wow:

I picked Phantasms.. I love all the funny dreams Data has I really liked the straw in Riker's head.. Deanna as a cake wasn't bad either.. :wow:

peace long life dudes :wow:

Yeah, i almost picked that one, but the part where they tear Data apart...hurts. I can't explain it, but it just hurts me to watch.

I love all of the episodes I listed so I was torturing myself too. I picked Brothers. How could I not pick an episode featuring Data, Lore AND Dr. Soong oh my.

And I noticed you left off In Theory, the one with Data's ex-girlfriend Jenna D'Sora. But, I figured one of two things were the reason....A) you forgot or B)Jenna D'Sora

I didn't forget In Theory. The correct answer is B. It is a good episode but for some reason I have problems watching Data with a girlfriend especially one as "dumb" as her - the fantasy relationship of thousands of women and SHE dumped HIM!

THAT IS JUST NO FAIR,TAKARA!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO PICK ONLY ONE!!! :wow:

Actually, I did choose.....The Offspring, probably one of the best episodes of ALL of TNG, not to mention Data episodes.

For second (all tied): Measure of A Man, Brothers, Datalore, & Data's Day.

Close third-Descent pts 1 & 2, oh heck, I think they ALL are tied in 2nd behind The Offspring..

And I noticed you left off In Theory, the one with Data's ex-girlfriend Jenna D'Sora. But, I figured one of two things were the reason....A) you forgot or B)Jenna D'Sora :wow:

Wow, that was hard. I ended up choosing Offspring, though...I thought it was one of the best episodes of anythign I have ever seen, there was amazing acting, writing, and the person who played Lal really did something for me - she and Brent (well, obviously) were absolutely perfect. It had great lessons too, and the ONLY part I didn't enjoy was Troi's "it's a girl" line (not that I was happy about Lal dying, but I "enjoyed" it if you know what I mean...that sounds wrong. I'm not happy she died, I just thought it worked...or something. Ok, I'll shut up now).

And 2nd is every other Data episode. Well, no. Times Arrow is 2nd and a half. And Brothers. Well, they were all amazing, but I think I'll stick with Offspring for the moment. Yes...

I didn't forget In Theory. The correct answer is B. It is a good episode but for some reason I have problems watching Data with a girlfriend especially one as "dumb" as her - the fantasy relationship of thousands of women and SHE dumped HIM!

Takara, that is what I thought you would say! Me too, she made me quite angry. Jenna( :wow: <--see there she is!) just....grrr :wow: , irked me as much as Tasha with that "As far as I'm concerned IT NEVER HAPPENED!" I just wanted to slap them!(And I usually don't even THINK about doing something like that! Well, Maddox and Haftel are another two!)

The writers seemed to have a problem with Data in that way. He was let down awfully harshly (and I sure can't understand why) both times. Tasha was just mean, and Jenna, well...she wasn't mean, but she wasn't nice either...? Yes. I know what I'm talknig about.

Probably, hey he's a guy with NO emotions, so we'll write that all relationships for him go bad! And we think that NOBODY'll notice.WRONG! We ALL notice and we didn't like that! Why be so harsh to one of the most gentle people on that show? And he can't even have single relationship go right in the novels! Yes, dsbs, even in Metamorphosis he can't escape getting dumped! Sorry to ruin anything for you but, in the story it actually happens twice(him getting dumped)!

Ok, well I was expecting some sort of dumping in that book but 2?? come on!

I feel sorry for the nice guys on star trek - Data, Geordi, Harry. The writers are just plain mean to these guys.

OH my god, i for got, he does get dumped twice in that book. huh, poor guy.

But i have to come to Jenna's defense. SHe did not dump him, she let him down easy. SHe was very upset for having to end it and she did do it for the right reason Not only could she not get him to love her, but she could never do anything that wuld make him happy or sad or anything...as she said. This means that she WANTEd to make him happy, but it upset her that she could not.

Now, "It never happened" :wow: If that hussy did not go back and tell him that she was sorry (an we just did not see it) then she is the biggest foll of them all. SHE WAS MEAN!

I don't think Tasha ever did!!! :wow::wow: And in the case of Jenna, I think it may be a little envy coming out of dsbs & myself. And yes she had a point, since he did not have emotions at the time.She did try to go easy on him, but stilll....why would anyone want to give up on Data????

I don't think Tasha ever did!!! :wow::wow: And in the case of Jenna, I think it may be a little envy coming out of dsbs & myself. And yes she had a point, since he did not have emotions at the time.She did try to go easy on him, but stilll....why would anyone want to give up on Data????

Ya, I guess...(I just don't understand these people!). But also, i guess the way that episode ended affected my judgement too. You know, said music and Data all (almost all) alone with his cat and a dinner table set for two. I thought it was very sad. And they still could have been friends (she didnt have to desert him at dinner)

I don't think Tasha ever did!!! :wow:  :wow:  And in the case of Jenna, I think it may be a little envy coming out of dsbs & myself. And yes she had a point, since he did not have emotions at the time.She did try to go easy on him, but stilll....why would anyone want to give up on Data????

Ya, I guess...(I just don't understand these people!). But also, i guess the way that episode ended affected my judgement too. You know, said music and Data all (almost all) alone with his cat and a dinner table set for two. I thought it was very sad. And they still could have been friends (she didnt have to desert him at dinner)

I don't know what she was thinking in the first place. She knew when she went into the relationship that Data had no emotions. In that scene where she asks him what he was thinking when they kissed what was she expecting - Data is capable of performing millions of calculations per second but he has to think only of her when they kiss. I don't think that is possible. Besides when a person kisses someone for the first time they are thinking about a lot of things and usually not the other person - is my breath okay, will he/she notice I had garlic at lunch, etc.

Not that I have kissed anyone before, but you do have a point..It was perfectly normal for him to be thinking other things when he kissed her.

And dsbs....What do you mean ( I just don't understand these people?)??? No, I am not trying to pick a fight at all, I am merely curious.

And dsbs....What do you mean ( I just don't understand these people?)??? No, I am not trying to pick a fight at all, I am merely curious.

I think DSBS means Tasha and Jenna - Tasha wanting to deny anything happened and Jenna breaking up with Data.

The offspring. Data is so tender towards her and he shows as such a sweet guy in his innocence. He knows so much yet he knows so little. Hey Bevfank. Bev in your picture looks like she's doing an 80s hair care advert :wow:)

I think DSBS means Tasha and Jenna - Tasha wanting to deny anything happened and Jenna breaking up with Data.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you :) Sorry, I just can't type as fast as I think, and I skip things. I talk that way too - no one ever knows what I'm saying :) :bow:

I Wish polls let you pick more than one! I love Data and I loved all those episodes! But in the end I picked The offspring. Its so funny and yet so sad!

Lal: " Painting"

Data: "no Lal, that is a flower

my second and third choice would have been a fistful of datas and brothers

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you :) Sorry, I just can't type as fast as I think, and I skip things. I talk that way too - no one ever knows what I'm saying :) :bow:

That happens a lot with me too. Not so much when I type, but when I speak , oh boy I can have some problems! People will either look at me funny and say "Say that again?" or "Try again, and this time do it in English." Which is silly since English is my primary language!