Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Tom Cruise in Star Trek XI?

According to the WENN entertainment news service, Tom Cruise is in negotiations to reteam with Mission: Impossible 3 director J.J. Abrams for the next Star Trek movie. The movie superstar is reportedly a huge fan of the sci-fi franchise and jumped at the chance to play a cameo role in the new film, which will be directed by Abrams.

Also, according to the report, an insider tells Canada's TV Guide magazine, "He didn’t even need to be begged to appear in it.".

This information is preliminary, of course, and entirely rumor.

I already know that some aren't going to like that if this rumor is true. Do I? It doesn't bother me, I don't hate Tom Cruise. It may help get people to watch the movie if non-Trekkies find out about Cruise in the film. But, I seriously doubt these rumors are even true

They are only talking about a cameo role anyway, so its no big deal,

Lets hope he is the "Red Shirt" who gets wasted in the first 5mins of the film!!

As a scientologist, he has plenty of experiece acting in science-fiction.

LOL..I watched a episode of southpark all about that,they ripped on cruise,travolta and r.kelly big time :P

They are only talking about a cameo role anyway, so its no big deal,

Lets hope he is the "Red Shirt" who gets wasted in the first 5mins of the film!!

No, that honour will likely go to long time Abrams collaborator Greg Grunberg (i.e. the pilot of Oceanic 815 in Lost, and currently Officer Matt Parkman on Heroes).

As for Cruise, I don't particularly like him but if he has a cameo, its not going to ruin Trek XI.

The more interesting thing about this is the fact that Paramount and Cruise broke off their relationship about a month or so back. Will Paramount want him in it? They may have to live with it because they've put so much faith in J.J. Abrams. And a Cruise cameo may generate some buzz, which Paramount is going to want (apparently, the two big films for Paramount in Summer 2008 are going to be Iron Man and Star Trek XI).