Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

Enterprise

do you think they should've put STAR TREK, in the ENTERPRISE name?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. do you think they should've put STAR TREK, in the ENTERPRISE name?

• 1. yes
    • 2.no
    • 3. no opinion

well, personaly i believe that star trek should've been added to the "Enterprise" title. But I can understand the logic of the "cons".

It's wrong to remove the franchise just because it is 30 years old

I've been re-thinking this. In all honesty, I think they felt we didn't need a 4th spin-off that would be called STAR TREK: (something), and I agree.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE

ENTERPRISE

Personally, the 2nd flows better. When they advertise, of coarse they're gonna call it STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE since the word "Enterprise" is usually associated with business and not a TV show, but as far as the actual title of the show, I really like ENTERPRISE, it just flows better in my opinion. To each their own, I guess. I don't need to see "Star Trek" in the title to know it's Star Trek. *shrugs*

I always thought that Enterprise with out Star Trek in the title made it unique. Title or not if you know anything about Star Trek Enterprise is Star Trek. Besides Enterprise is a Star Trek Prequel about how the trek through the stars got started so if it's set before the Star Trek we know maybe it's accurate to not have it in the title

I agree with VBG. The precedent is there and besides, its a Star Trek show in the Star Trek universe, why shouldn't it be called Star Trek: Enterprise. I think they left out the name because most people associate Star Trek with StarFleet, the Federation and the fact that the Federaion is a massive organisation with a lot going on simultaneously. In Enterprise however, there is only one thing to concentrate on, the ship, Enterprise.

Unfortunately, I don't see Enterprse as being a real Star Trek series anymore, mostly because of the title, though there are other factors. I now group the shows as TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and Ent, the indirect spin off from Star Trek.

just asking, how can you not think of it as startrek, it is clearly a startrek show. the ENTERPRISE, and all the aliens, and the formation of starfleet, and so on.

So, just becuase it's not called STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, that means it's not a Star Trek show? :laugh: What are your other reasons for not thinking it's a "Star Trek" show? So far, it seems like a good prequal to me! They've had links to every series and the movies before.

Andorrians and Thollians - TOS

Ferengi - TNG & DS9

"Regeneration" - links to First Contact, TNG's "Q Who?" and VOY

We've had a referrence to a "prime directive" - foreshadowing

The episode "Cease Fire" foreshadows the UFP

I could go on and on. I think the show rocks, only one bad episode so far, in my opinion. :laugh:

Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways and like 24th century Star Trek... :laugh:

I do think of it a Star Trek show. However I don't mentaly see Enterprise as a pure, easily identifiable Star Trek show. Get rid of the Star Trek references and it could be any other Sci-fi show. What I meant is I see it as separate from the other shows. I don't think 'Ah, so thats how they formed the Federation' or such. I see it as a enjoyable show that has links with Star Trek but that is different and separate. Rather like milk and cheese.

Well I, for one, am glad the show is drastically different. It's just what Trek needed. Every Trek show has had dismal ratings durring the first 2 seasons. I think that season 3 will determine if this show is going to stick arround as it did for the previous spin-offs.

Anywho, right now they're going for the "Starfleet's first mission" concept. I think that they're saving the "founding of the Federation" for the movies to be honest. We could have the Romulan war durring the final 2 seasons, like DS9's Dominion War arc. It'd have to be done much differently though so people don't cry out "oh gosh, not another war!", then we could see the war concluded in a big screen movie followed by a "founding of the Federation" movie. To keep the second movie from being "space pollitics", perhaps the TCW could rise it's head one last time?

I was talking to a friend of mine from work today (one of my managers), a friend that is a big TV and Movie fan he loves Star Wars in fact. He's not a Star Trek fan though but he does know about the show (Shows) and movies. He was of the impression that Star Trek: Voyager was the last Star Trek T.V. Show on TV to date. He had in deed heard of Enterprise but had no idea it was Star Trek :laugh: Imagine that, no idea it was Star Trek. After explaining the concept of the show he said it sounded like it would be interesting to go back to before Kirk and see how it all started.

Now, if I know 1 person that had the problem of identifying the show as Star Trek because TPTB robbed the show of it's family name then how many others have had the same problem? Would the ratings possibly be better if they properly named the show?

Here's something to ponder.

If a Trekkie wants to give the current Trek series a go, don't you think he'd be able to find out that ENTERPRISE is a STAR TREK spin-off series?

As for non-fans, do you really think they go out "looking" for STAR TREK? It's been my experrience that non-fans don't go looking for the show, but they do watch it if it "happens" to be on.

Does anyone here think someone would watch 10 mins of ENT and say, "Gee, this isn't STAR TREK!" and turn it off?

Here's something to ponder.

If a Trekkie wants to give the current Trek series a go, don't you think he'd be able to find out that ENTERPRISE is a STAR TREK spin-off series?

As for non-fans, do you really think they go out "looking" for STAR TREK?  It's been my experrience that non-fans don't go looking for the show, but they do watch it if it "happens" to be on.

Does anyone here think someone would watch 10 mins of ENT and say, "Gee, this isn't STAR TREK!" and turn it off?

Ponder this.

Does a missionary witness to Christians? The whole point isn't that "Trekkies" won't be able to identify with it. Star Trek fans will find it no matter what. The point though is to make new fans, to help others discover it.

In the Real Life example I have given my friend (manager) would have been interested in watching it had he known it was Star Trek and that it was "In The Beginning". He had heard of Enterprise but he had also heard of the Space Shuttle Enterprise, the Aircraft Carrier Enterprise and any number of other uses for the word Enterprise.

Now it you are only looking for a show that caters to just Star Trek fans fine, leave Star Trek out of the title. BUt that shows tunnel vision and close mindedness to others that aren't as familiar with Star Trek and it's concepts.

About the only thing roguedawg and I agree with about Enterprise is that it was wrong to not have "Star Trek" somewhere in the title.Now that,apparently,with the 3rd season that oversight has been acknowledged and corrected,maybe a few trekkers who felt somehow disenfranchised(is that the right word?) by Enterprise,and it's (according to them) disregard for all that came before,will maybe give the show another chance.Things are getting better,really. B)

I think it was a good decision to finally include Star Trek in the Enterprise title....

it looked a little naked without it.Sure,we all know it is a Trek series,but still....

:borg2:

I'm telling you all. Tomorrow night, when ENT begins it's 3rd season, in the revamped, or so I've read, credits, the show will still be called ENTERPRISE. It's a TV show, why does it matter if people know if it's Trek or not? If it's good, they'll watch it. Personally, I've gotten tired of seeing "Star Trek" as part of the title, and I'm getting annoying with fans complaining becuase the producers tried to actually make the show different.

I'm telling you all.  Tomorrow night, when ENT begins it's 3rd season, in the revamped, or so I've read, credits, the show will still be called ENTERPRISE.  It's a TV show, why does it matter if people know if it's Trek or not?  If it's good, they'll watch it.  Personally, I've gotten tired of seeing "Star Trek" as part of the title, and I'm getting annoying with fans complaining becuase the producers tried to actually make the show different.

That's your opinion,friend...

The series owes its existance to all that came before...

acknowledging Star Trek is the right thing to do.

And why get annoyed with other fans because they have a different opinion?Like you said,it is just a tv show...sheesh :borg2: