Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

New Enterprise Commercial

anyone see the new commercial for ENTERPRISE? heres my question about the commercial. first off since when is it called STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE? last i knew it was just ENTERPRISE, the first show in the startrek franchise to not have STARTREK in the name. second, since when do they have the comm badge insignia,(cant remember what the insignia is, but its the same as the TNG comm badge). not trying to nit pick, just wondering why the sudden changes like that. any thoughts from any of you?

I too was surprised at the use of that Trek Insignia..We have yet to see that on Enterprise..Maybe we will in Season 3?..I've always thought it should have been called 'Star Trek: Enterprise' from the beginning..You're right of course..It hasn't been called that until this time..This commercial just gets me anxious for the new shows to begin..

It's this simple - the advertisers don't know what they're doing. :) :bow:

The "arrow" with the arch at the bottom, that was originally the insigina for Kirk's Enterprise in a time when each ship had a different insignia, however, Kirk's Enterprise insignia was adopted by all of Starfleet by the time of the first movie. We won't be seeing it on ENT. The silly advertisers simply used it becuase it looks "kewl".

As for the title Star Trek: Enterprise? Well, it's simple really. When Season 2 was being advertised, they called the show Star Trek: Enterprise, even after the season premiere with the first few Season 2 episodes. However, the show was still called Enterprise. The advertisers call it Star Trek: Enterprise becuase they know it's Star Trek and don't know enough that it was dropped from the title. Expect the title to simply be ENTERPRISE durring the intro of "The Xindi".

Why did this happen? Simple - the advertisers don't know a lot about the show and aren't connected with the producers and those who make the show. Just another thing that shows how pathetic UPN is, they don't even know the name of one of their own shows! :)

It's this simple - the advertisers don't know what they're doing. :)  :lol:

The "arrow" with the arch at the bottom, that was originally the insigina for Kirk's Enterprise in a time when each ship had a different insignia, however, Kirk's Enterprise insignia was adopted by all of Starfleet by the time of the first movie.  We won't be seeing it on ENT.  The silly advertisers simply used it becuase it looks "kewl".

As for the title Star Trek: Enterprise?  Well, it's simple really.  When Season 2 was being advertised, they called the show Star Trek: Enterprise, even after the season premiere with the first few Season 2 episodes.  However, the show was still called Enterprise.  The advertisers call it Star Trek: Enterprise becuase they know it's Star Trek and don't know enough that it was dropped from the title.  Expect the title to simply be ENTERPRISE durring the intro of "The Xindi".

Why did this happen?  Simple - the advertisers don't know a lot about the show and aren't connected with the producers and those who make the show.  Just another thing that shows how pathetic UPN is, they don't even know the name of one of their own shows! :hug:

I agree with you, but I think the show would be more powerful if they used Star Trek: Enterprise as an opening title. Just Enterprise creates a lot of stir, yes some people think that it is called this becuase it is pre-frederation, but I think it looses some sense of genunie quality.

:) Bel Ami :bow:

id have to agree, just enterprise is a little boring but its all we fans have for the momment! :)

That Symbol also Represents The Entire Star Trek Franchise As a Whole. It was also used in the Teaser Trailers for "First Contact" & "Insurrection".

And does anyone else besides me think that the Voice in the ad sounds like Michael Dorn? :)

It is just called Enterprise, but sometimes they call it Star Trek Enterprise in commercials to give people the understanding that it is a show based upon Star Trek.

Why do people say Enterprise isn't Star Trek? Was there something from Paramount or TPTB that said it's not Star Trek? Why can only shows set during or after TOS be Star Trek? Can't Archer's crew be on a Trek to the Stars? Star Trek isn't in the title, true but is is most assuredly Star Trek. Everything else is just word games.

Why do people say Enterprise isn't Star Trek? Was there something from Paramount or TPTB that said it's not Star Trek? Why can only shows set during or after TOS be Star Trek? Can't Archer's crew be on a Trek to the Stars? Star Trek isn't in the title, true but is is most assuredly Star Trek. Everything else is just word games.

Agreed. Wether it be Star Trek: Enterprise or just Enterprise, it's still STAR TREK. As for the title, I'd rather it just be Enterprise since it's set before TOS. :)

That Symbol also Represents The Entire Star Trek Franchise As a Whole.  It was also used in the Teaser Trailers for "First Contact" & "Insurrection".

And does anyone else besides me think that the Voice in the ad sounds like Michael Dorn?  :)

Stardate:213600.7

Yeh ive always thought that the Comm Badge insignia was the universal symbol for Star Trek.

And does anyone else besides me think that the Voice in the ad sounds like Michael Dorn?  :)

Well Im glad im not the only one! :bow:

That Symbol also Represents The Entire Star Trek Franchise As a Whole.  It was also used in the Teaser Trailers for "First Contact" & "Insurrection".

Stardate:213600.7

Yeh ive always thought that the Comm Badge insignia was the universal symbol for Star Trek.

And does anyone else besides me think that the Voice in the ad sounds like Michael Dorn?  :bow:

Well Im glad im not the only one! :lol:

AH HA!! I knew It Was Michael Dorn!! :)

Isn't It? lol

Anyway....Not Just The Commbadge, but the way it looks. It actually being a Hole Cut Into that Oval Shape.

no i dont know aabout tptb saying anything about this not being startrek, but i do remember somewhat of a todo about the fact that this would be the first startrek show, specifically to NOT HAVE STARTREK IN THE NAME. thats all.

Heck, I just think that the show should be called Star Trek: Enterprise, before federation or after federation I STILL THINK it looses glammor if it is just called Enterprise. I dont know maybe its just me.... hmm, maybe a poll would let me think otherwise.

Great a poll was done already, good thing i checked

Edited by Syperphobia

It's just showing that UPN doesn't know the name of it's flagship show, or whatever you'd call it.

When season 2 started, they advertised it as STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, even after the 2nd season started and we saw no name change, they still called it STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE. <_< If they really "were" going to change the title, it would have leaked out onto the net by now.:lol:

Agreed. Wether it be Star Trek: Enterprise or just Enterprise, it's still STAR TREK. As for the title, I'd rather it just be Enterprise since it's set before TOS. <_<

What does TOS have to do with the name of this show? As I have said in previous posts the title Star Trek is a description of what they are doing, Trekking through space (the Stars). They Trekked in TOS, they Trekked in TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Why can't Archer's crew Trek too? To say something can't be done or used simply because it was used or done in TOS doesn't fit the show, what about the Andorians? They were in TOS so does that mean we can't see them in Enterprise?

I agree with you VBG. Enterprise IS Star Trek, IMO more so than TNG, DS9 or VOY. ENT has more of the original feel of Trek (of TOS)--the feeling of newness, the excitement of exploration, discovery, seeking out new life, etc., a Trek through the Stars. Although it is beginning to take on a more militaristic aspect, I hope it still maintains that feel of newness and exploration.

It is just called Enterprise, but sometimes they call it Star Trek Enterprise in commercials to give people the understanding that it is a show based upon Star Trek.

Exactly!

I concur.By giving it a "Star Trek" look it allows for familiarity to us the viewers and *Gasp* those who may have strayed from Trek since Janeway said Aloha to San Fran..CJLP, you'll always amaze me at your ability to get your point across in one paragraph, but then write 3 more! :laugh:

The "arrow" with the arch at the bottom, that was originally the insigina for Kirk's Enterprise in a time when each ship had a different insignia, however, Kirk's Enterprise insignia was adopted by all of Starfleet by the time of the first movie.  We won't be seeing it on ENT.  The silly advertisers simply used it becuase it looks "kewl".

How do you know the arrowhead symbol isn't a pre-TOS Enterprise insignia that survived the reorganization of the Earth Command into Starfleet?I don't think it states otherwise anywhere in a canon source.Enterprise could have chosen to retain the symbol,while other vessels and starbases opted for variants and original emblems to represent themselves.

in my original question about the insignia, i always associated it with STARTREK, not just the enterprise. but my observation was that we have not seen it yet on ENT, and in such why is it in the commercials, unless now their going to start showing how things we recognise as TREK, came about.