Sign in to follow this  
SpaceHippie

Red Shirt Deaths

We all know the security people are usually the first to die on the landing party so what is your favorite red shirt death scene? I vote for Yomen Leslie Thompson from "By Any Other Name" who was turned into a cube...and crushed

I think it was in the episode the apple where some guy steps on some alien rock (which pretty much acts as a land mine) and then blows up. Morbid as it may have sound I laughed for hours after that.

Also I don't know if this count since it happened in tng, in the episode with Naglium (that face creature in a blackhole) he kills one of the bridge crew members named Dyson (I think) and for some reason he gets up shrieks like a girl and curls up in a ball then dies...I of course was laughing out of my chair.

I really don't have a favorite red shirt death I like them all I laugh whenever I see one get killed. I know that sounds really bad but I can't help it it's funny.

I know this is a stray from the typical meaning of RED SHIRT but I vote for Admiral Dourghty in Star Trek Insurrection. His uniform had a little red... and like all admirals he wasn't a very good Star Fleet officer. Nice death.

P.S. I know I spelt his name wrong.

I really don't have a favorite, but I used to always laugh at how they happened:

Kirk: Bones, you and Scotty investigate that tower on that ridge over there. Sulu and Chekov, I want you to look at that wreckage that showed up on the scanners. Spock and I will examine this building. Oh.... Ensign Jones.... Go look behind that rock!

(Which was always where the monster/alien/death machine was.)

I really don't have a favorite, but I used to always laugh at how they happened:

Kirk:  Bones, you and Scotty investigate that tower on that ridge over there.  Sulu and Chekov, I want you to look at that wreckage that showed up on the scanners.  Spock and I will examine this building.  Oh.... Ensign Jones.... Go look behind that rock!

(Which was always where the monster/alien/death machine was.)

:bow: :)

That's So True :)

Hmm...my Favorite...I dunno....been awhile since I've watched TOS....The Sci-Fi Channel seems to play it at strange Hours

What about that Grant guy in Friday's Child? He was dead within 30 seconds of beaming down! He just got hit with one of those kligat things after he pulled out his phaser. I'm not sure if he had a line! :bow:

I really don't have a favorite red shirt death I like them all I laugh whenever I see one get killed. I know that sounds really bad but I can't help it it's funny.

:) agreed! :)