Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Lucas Plans Clone Wars Series

'Star Wars' Creator Readies 'Clone Wars'

AP

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 5) - The wars aren't over for "Star Wars" creator George Lucas . Lucas said Wednesday he's making an animated TV series of "Clone Wars" that could air next year, although he hasn't sold the show to a network yet. The series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku.

The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

"There's nobody famous," Lucas told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

It's one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.

Apparently, there is still blood to be squeezed out of the Star Wars franchise.... :nono:

I've heard about this since last year, it sounds interesting. They are also working on a live action TV series that will be out by 2008, 09 or 2010. The story will take place between episode III and IV. There are rumors of casting Edward Furlong (John Connor from Terminator 2 and ex of Jolene Blalock) in the new series

no joke

I'm so F-en sick of Star Wars. The original trilogy wasn't bad (except for the abyssmal Return of the Jedi) and the new trilogy as every bit as bad as Plan 9 from Outer Space. I think Anakin turned to the darkside because his girlfriend nick-named him "Annie". That would make any man flip out after awhile. :) :) :angry: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Validus

I don't know why they said the original Clone Wars series wasn't animated. It sure looked animated to me.

What is really confusing is how they can call a new series a "continuation". Clone Wars pretty much filled the entire gap between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. There isn't any place left in the 3 year span of the war to go to.

Yeah i heard about this a few months ago,why it should take so long to create is beyond me :) ...still its something to look forward to!! :)

Edited by hangon